android
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM

thanks again. I think I figured out. that sound was at ~5.5khz.
now it sounds much better

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 AM

I'm currently using version r26535M-100603. It's a really old build, from DFKT or whatever his nickname here is
Never had any real problems with it. Only one or two crashes in over half a year.

Any incentive for me to upgrade to a newer version? Any new must have features?

I'm kinda leaning towards the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" phrase atm, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any major improvements.

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 AM

I used a build from June for a long time as well haha, i only updated it in November to get the Meier xfeed and usb support as well as just to update since it had been so long.

Honestly there is little reason to update if you don't want to try the Meier xfeed or try the usb support. I had no problems with the old build i was using at the time.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 AM

Sure wish the CPU scaling had worked out to be stable - been using a build from around July because it's stable as a rock, but would love to squeeze a little more battery life... especially now that my battery is aging and not lasting as long as when new.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I use the official 3.7.1 stable version, on my two Clip+'s and my two Fuzes(V1 and V2) and everything works just fine.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Administrator

There's never a need to update the build you use if it works for you. But yeah, since r26535M-100603 there's been over 2500 new builds issued so there's bound to be improvements you might want to check out. IIRC there's been some work done optimizing the codecs so battery life should be somewhat better all around.

You can always revert to the build you use now. Just save it somewhere. If you just create a folder on the player and place the older build there Rockbox won't use it. It stops looking for a .rockbox folder after the first one it finds. It safer to backup the old build to somewhere on your PC though. Stuff happens.

If you've got custom EQs you can just drag them into the new build. Same goes for any fonts you've added or even .cfg files you may have saved. The biggest downside is that your old skins probably won't work. There was a skin breaking change a few months ago. The upside is that there's several more that's been added.

There's been so many large and small changes you're almost certain to find some improvement worth keeping the in the newer build. If not just drop the old build back in and change back.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the replies!

So, which build is currently the one with the least amount of bugs/flaws?
I know rockbox in and on itself is a work in progress and that unexpected errors are likely to occur at some point or another, but I've been having surprisingly little trouble with the build I'm currently using.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXVI View Post
So, which build is currently the one with the least amount of bugs/flaws?
I know rockbox in and on itself is a work in progress and that unexpected errors are likely to occur at some point or another, but I've been having surprisingly little trouble with the build I'm currently using.
Almost always the current build.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Okey, let me rephrase then. Which one is the most stable? I don't want one with experimental features.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Okey, let me rephrase then. Which one is the most stable? I don't want one with experimental features.
Probably the one referred to as the "stable release", which right now is 3.7.1. I use it daily and have no problems.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM

So what exactly are you saying saratoga?

see what i did thar
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Last edited by Adub; 01-16-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 PM

The current build is almost always the most stable. I wouldn't use old builds unless you have some specific problem with it.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
See, I don't like to be the crash test dummy. I leave that to developers and those interested. A build which several people could vouch for (i.e. I read a few pages back that someone had problems with some serious crashes that also combined with very high pitch noises, and I don't like the thought of having my hearing impaired ) would be greatly appreciated.

As you can probably tell, I'm not in a hurry to update my existing rockbox build. I'd like to find one that is of the same stable quality as the one I'm currently using, but with the updated features, bells and whistles.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
See, I don't like to be the crash test dummy.
Stick to the sandisk firmware for now, then in a year or so come back once the Clip+ port is matured.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Stick to the sandisk firmware for now, then in a year or so come back once the Clip+ port is matured.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
What do you want me to say? That we've fixed all the bugs? We haven't. We don't even know about a lot of them yet.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
What do you want me to say? That we've fixed all the bugs? We haven't. We don't even know about a lot of them yet.
Just want to shoot in before I'm gone for the rest of the day; I'm totally greatful for the hard work that goes into making rockbox work with the clip+, and any other Mp3-player for that matter!

Hope I didn't come across as an ass.

My total run-time with the clip+ rockboxed is nearing 200h!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM

hi there!

I installed the latest stable Rockbox on my brand new Clip +.
it is really awesome
I'm just experiencing couple of issues:

since I want to scrobble, I enabled the last.fm log, then I went to the root dir to check for the file to upload...problem is, now my Sansa won't be recognised anymore when I attach it to the PC (I'm using Ubuntu 10.10)
If I boot into Windows 7, I can just see the 'upper default folders', those that are named ##MUSIC## and ##PORT## in rockbox.
so basically I can neither check if the log of last.fm is properly made, nor import music in the correct folders where my other albums resides.

If someone have any input, much appreciated!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Use MSC mode instead of MTP.