android
Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Here's two new builds, one with the older v2 Meier crossfeed, one with the new v3. Personally I find the v3 to be a bit too subtle and somewhat prefer the more noticeable v2 crossfeed. You can judge for yourself.

Both builds have USB enabled, and next to the usual patches I added a very well thought out new one, a persistent sleep timer: FS#11042.

Version with Meier v2 crossfeed: http://www.mediafire.com/?97f7ixl51uqxt23
Version with Meier v3 crossfeed: http://www.mediafire.com/?k2dt7ek3w2aznkg

The only difference between these two builds, v2 vs. v3, is:

Code:
+    coef1 = (0xffffffff/NATIVE_FREQUENCY) * 2128;   /* 1 / (F.Rforward.C) */
+    coef2 = (0xffffffff/NATIVE_FREQUENCY) * 1000;   /* 1 / (F.Rcross.C) */
Code:
+    coef1 = (0x7fffffff/NATIVE_FREQUENCY) * 2128;   /* 1 / (F.Rforward.C) */
+    coef2 = (0x7fffffff/NATIVE_FREQUENCY) * 1000;   /* 1 / (F.Rcross.C) */

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Thanks dfkt. I'll be testing it. (v2, the v3 gave me an error while downloading it - file corrupted).

One question: I have selected "no" on the Backlight on Volume Change option, but the backlight still works when I change the volume. Why is that?

Last edited by henriquemaia; 12-14-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added question

Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Check if you see the line "backlight on volume change: off" in your config.cfg. It's working fine for me.

As for the v3 version - I see 6 downloads for it so far, but Mediafire seems to have issues at the moment. Maybe try again later.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
Thanks dfkt. I'll be testing it. (v2, the v3 gave me an error while downloading it - file corrupted).

One question: I have selected "no" on the Backlight on Volume Change option, but the backlight still works when I change the volume. Why is that?
Also, I noticed that the "no backlight on volume change" patch doesn't work for the radio.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Check if you see the line "backlight on volume change: off" in your config.cfg. It's working fine for me.

As for the v3 version - I see 6 downloads for it so far, but Mediafire seems to have issues at the moment. Maybe try again later.
Thanks for reminding me of checking that. I 've done that and the settings were ok. I then proceeded to delete my previous installation of Rockbox and installed your build from scratch; now the backlight on volume change is working as expected (not on radio, though, as ted209 pointed out).

Thanks again.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I never use the radio. Did the backlight patch work for it on older build versions, either mine or Idroy's? (The patch applied fine, maybe the radio code has changed?)

Added an alternative download for v3 to my post above.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 PM

The backlight patch has never worked for radio on the clip+ for me - I don't think it's a recent change.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Then I would suggest you ask the developer/maintainer of the backlight patch to add that function to the radio screen as well: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9305

Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 AM

i should get another clip+ as backup for my fuze(my previous clip+ is dead already)..seems like rb is very well developed on this too especially with those patches

Old 12-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Here's two new builds, one with the older v2 Meier crossfeed, one with the new v3. Personally I find the v3 to be a bit too subtle and somewhat prefer the more noticeable v2 crossfeed. You can judge for yourself.

Both builds have USB enabled, and next to the usual patches I added a very well thought out new one, a persistent sleep timer: FS#11042.

Version with Meier v2 crossfeed: http://www.mediafire.com/?97f7ixl51uqxt23
Version with Meier v3 crossfeed: http://www.mediafire.com/?k2dt7ek3w2aznkg
*snip*
Well, I installed the Meier v3 version. The USB patch works just as well as it did on Idroy's older build, as I thought it would. The crossfeed I'll have to play with at some point.

I don't like the standard Rockbox x-feed, at least at the default settings....made everything sound unnatural. Hendrix's Electric Ladyland,when I tried it a while back, I know the parts where the sound is meant to pan from side to side, and the x-feed made it sound more like a mono recording to me, and it throws a veil over the sound. Perhaps this can be cured somewhat by tweaking, I don't know. I've never tried it again after that day....lol. So maybe the Meier version will be more appealing to me.

Last edited by Marvin the Martian; 12-20-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I got my clip+ 4gb w/a 32gb microSD card up and running w/RB today,...DAMN!!! I've really been missing more than I realized. Thanks to the RB clip+ DEVS, they know their shiit!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 PM

Rockboxed Clip+ can't read external micro sd ? I tried loading a 16gb micro sd into it and it just hanged . It happens everytime i try .

Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I got my clip+ 4gb w/a 32gb microSD card up and running w/RB today,...DAMN!!! I've really been missing more than I realized. Thanks to the RB clip+ DEVS, they know their shiit!!!

Told ya it was awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: gif smiley-signs013.gif (1.4 KB, 199 views)
File Type: gif smiley-signs011.gif (576 Bytes, 198 views)
File Type: gif new_russian.gif (7.8 KB, 204 views)

Old 12-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hey,
I guess it's my first post in the Sansa forum
I really like my new rockboxed clip+ but there is something really annoying to me: is it possible to keep a quick press on the power button from stopping the playback when I'm on the WPS and when I exit an application/game? I often press it not intentionally

Last edited by lebellium; 12-17-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
Rockboxed Clip+ can't read external micro sd ? I tried loading a 16gb micro sd into it and it just hanged . It happens everytime i try .
Wait till it finishes the initial scan, as it takes quite awhile. I have a 32gb microSD card in it, took a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time to scan. Works perfectly now.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hey,
I really like my new rockboxed clip+ but there is something really annoying to me: is it possible to keep a quick press on the power button from stopping the playback when I'm on the WPS and when I exit an application/game? I often press it not intentionally
Welcome to ABi Rockbox Clip+ subforum!

There is a manual. Highly recommended for new users. There's even a section on the WPS key controls. That's the only lock function AFAIK. Noobs!

Sorry, I just had to say it. The Home+Select button combo is what locks the player in the WPS. I believe thats the only lock function in Rockbox. I had to look that up as I never find the need to lock mine.

BTW, excellent work in the Samsung subforum. You keep it well organized and very informative. Anyone that needs information on their Samsung player has an great place to come for information and news. I'm particularly struck by your honesty both in your reviews and opinions of the state of usefulness of the features and firmwares of the players. I don't own a Samsung DAP but if I ever get one I know where to look for solid, up to date information.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hey,
If you're after disabling that without using the keylock, it would be a trivial patch (commenting out a single line, I think...)

Old 12-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Maybe it'll work better on your Win7 machine than it did on my Vista OS. I wound up with corrupted files quite a bit when it didn't connect properly. It cleared up when I went back to dfkt's build with just the Meier crossfeed.
I did get the prompt from Windows earlier this morning suggesting I scan the filesystem for errors.....this with dfkt's Meier build with the USB patch. Choosing the option to scan and repair seemed to fix things so far. If it continues to happen, I may go back to 3.7.1, but I'll give it a few more days to be sure.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Samsung Moderator

@skip252: thanks, I've always tried to avoid the fanboy dark side and remain as objective as possible
Actually I already downloaded and read (quickly) the 200 pages manual

But as Confuseling said, what I'm actually looking for is to disable the short press on the power button without locking the device.
It's just that for example, when I'm on the WPS I often press "power" instead of "home" or when I play a game, I press "power" to exit the game and come back to the games list, I press "power" again to come back to the plugins list and then "power" again to come back to the home but then it also stops the playback and I hate that^^
But I'm not really able to make a patch for that if it is the only solution

Old 12-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Administrator

I had assumed that you had read the manual, that's why my little attempt at humor. I see what you mean as far as the key press combos taking some getting used to. It took me a bit to get them memorized but once the internal logic worked it's way into my fingers I stopped thinking about it. It was certainly less work than trying to learn how to write a patch.

saratoga recently posted a link to an updated build environment. I think I'll spend some of these cold winter nights trying to learn how to do that. Writing a patch may be beyond me right now but applying one doesn't seem too complex according to the directions I've read. Only one way to find out.