android
Old 11-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
PCLK doesn't change, only FCLK. Eventually I want to see about changing PCLK, since I think that might be more efficient but funman said it looked hard to do.
Ah, I assumed older versions of the frequency scaling patch changed PCLK too.

@dftk: you do still include FS#11304, I wonder if it has is shown any advantage? And isn't FS#9305 already in the repository?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
Maybe I got lucky, but I had 0 problems, seemed quite stable for my expectations. As a note, I use my clip+ everyday, I recharge it everyday and always using Rockbox (at least since your build included the USB transfer patch).
Same here, I've been using the rockbox USB ever since the day Idroy uploaded it and I had a problem with it only once, the first day. Maybe the frequency scaling thing can mess it up?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

Hmmm, I got alot of crashes aswell, sometimes it didn't even show up in explorer, and some times it freezes at the "usb cable screen". Weird, never had those problems with my old build, plus I just rebooted it again (to reload my database) and I got a black screen again.

At the moment I'm trying my v3.7 build without the cpu scaling, so far so good...

*edit*
http://www.mediafire.com/?4j390qyw359btfz , this is my 3.7 build with usb and without the cpu scaling stuff.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idroy View Post
Hmmm, I got alot of crashes aswell, sometimes it didn't even show up in explorer, and some times it freezes at the "usb cable screen". Weird, never had those problems with my old build, plus I just rebooted it again (to reload my database) and I got a black screen again.

At the moment I'm trying my v3.7 build without the cpu scaling, so far so good...

*edit*
http://www.mediafire.com/?4j390qyw359btfz , this is my 3.7 build with usb and without the cpu scaling stuff.

Thanks once more. I'm already using (and testing it).

Does it make any difference that I only use Linux? I mean, in terms of that usb patch stability thing.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timar View Post
@dftk: you do still include FS#11304, I wonder if it has is shown any advantage? And isn't FS#9305 already in the repository?
I was intending to measure the effects of FS#11304 with RMAA again, but didn't do it yet. Lately one Rockbox developer mentioned in IRC that he heard a difference with the patch in place. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, or what phones he used. I have to wade through the IRC logs to find out.

No, FS#9305 still isn't committed to SVN.

Quote:
Does it make any difference that I only use Linux? I mean, in terms of that usb patch stability thing.
Obviously yes, according to the tracker page. Linux USB behaves differently than Windows.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, it does. But it looks like it that the usb is more stable in linux than on windows, according to the flyspray tracker page.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:01 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Obviously yes, according to the tracker page. Linux USB behaves differently than Windows.
Thanks. I'm glad my ubuntu box is making my rockbox experience even smoother.

But this means I can delete those ##folders? I don't even know what they're doing there in the first place.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Yep, you can delete does ## folders. They are 200MB in total. They are from the OF, if you deleted them and you boot in the OF they will be back, so you need to delete them again.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Yeah, they're some MTP crap files/folders nobody needs. They're hidden when connecting via OF USB.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idroy View Post
Yep, you can delete does ## folders. They are 200MB in total. They are from the OF, if you deleted them and you boot in the OF they will be back, so you need to delete them again.
Ah, thanks a lot!
(Thanks dfkt too)

Note to self: REMEMBER to turn rockbox on BEFORE plugging in the usb cable.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Note to self: REMEMBER to turn rockbox on BEFORE plugging in the usb cable.
That's a wise thing to do , when you forget to turn RB on before plugging it in, it will just boot into the OF without a problem, but it will create the ## folders again.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:15 PM

I delete every folder except MUSIC

Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I got a data abort error on first USB connect, but the next few appeared to be working. So, buyer beware, USB seems flakey.

The best thing with Rockbox USB is that you can delete over 200MB (!) of crap the stock firmware left behind in its two "#xxx" folders- enough space for several additional albums.

EDIT - it crashed a few more times, so I removed the download link above.
Thanks, dfkt. I was wondering about the "#xxx" folders; I couldn't see or delete them when my 4GB Clip+ (with the regular 3.7 Rockbox) was USB-connected to a computer.
So I guess they'll sit there for a while.

Fortunately, I haven't put much music on yet, and have an 8GB
microSD card.

I did Rockbox-USB-connect (ie, did _not_ keep center button pressed while I plugged it in) my older 4GB Clip v1.

And was able to see and delete the "#xxx" folders.

Thanks again.

Sheldon Isaac

Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Another try, with CPU scaling, but without USB. This one worked well for me so far (on XP Pro SP3).

Download: [deleted]

Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Subject: Codec Failure, CUE+FLAC

Settings:
Skip Lenght-Skip Track
Cue Support-Yes

We have:
image(flac)+cue, FLAC:1.2.1, Сompression level:8, Errors:No, Tags:No
//where to upload this .flac & cue ?
Can't skip track 3->4, 5->4, 10->11, 12->11.

"Bad" INDEX 01 XX:XX:YY
YY - frame. If in INDEX specific YY(33,14 - depend on .flac, bad frame data ???)

What happens:
look like http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/11192 , http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7354
"skip to next track" command cause "Codeс faulire" or skip to other tracks.

a)Skip to other track if next folder contain /.FLAC/ file! ~~ Next file to play = any flac
b)If in next folder /.mp3/ - Codec failure message

+Sometimes "skip to next track" rewind +3sec.
+With Compression level:0 no such problems
+Changing YY in INDEX of troublemaker track eliminates issue.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
New build, same patches as before: r28426M-101031-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#11577-Meier) - dfkt.zip

Rockbox is 'stable', and it's Halloween - that must be the best build ever.
DFKT,

With this build under the EQ settings I see the Classic V, but it is a .feq rather than a .cfg like the rest.

how might one go about being able to use that setting?

thanks

Old 11-02-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Another try, with CPU scaling, but without USB. This one worked well for me so far (on XP Pro SP3).

Download: r28434M-101101-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#11577-Meier, HAVE_ADJUSTABLE_CPU_FREQ) - dfkt.zip
Diff: http://pastie.org/1264735
Wow. I just had a horrible kind of crash with this build. I was listening to calm classical music and suddenly there was a burst of loud high-pitched noise, like some kind of square wave - and I mean really, really LOUD. I was so startled that spilled my tea all over the place and when I finally managed to plug my earphones out, I felt deaf in the ears... they are slowly recovering now (at leat I hope so). I wonder what could be the cause of this crash because I really don't wish to experience it again.

Must have looked funny, though

Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM

^got the same thing as Timar, went almost deaf! First Rockbox crash so far though, and probably because of the custom build -_o (though I really appreciate them!)

Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM

^Ouch! That doesn't sound good. Might have to start putting safety disclaimers on custom builds with frequency scaling.

No problem so far with Idroy's latest build without frequency scaling. No crashes and USB seems to work fine (with Win 7 x64).

Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
^Ouch! That doesn't sound good. Might have to start putting safety disclaimers on custom builds with frequency scaling.

No problem so far with Idroy's latest build without frequency scaling. No crashes and USB seems to work fine (with Win 7 x64).
I'm also using Idroy's latest build without any problem whatsoever. Maybe that frequency scaling thing is the culprit.