android
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Aswell as crashes and freezes on Saratoga's build I am experiencing some tracks skipping out of control on the recent build

I think I'll stick to dfkt's build (If it aint broke don't fix it)

Art

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I mean what version of rockbox are you running?
i am currently running rockbox version r26960-100619..........now, my clip don't crash at all but when it play songs .there was no sound at all.....what is the problem???????thx for answering.....................

Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolz23 View Post
i am currently running rockbox version r26960-100619..........now, my clip don't crash at all but when it play songs .there was no sound at all.....what is the problem???????thx for answering.....................
If you try playing the same file in the Sandisk firmware, does it work? If so, I have no idea. Short of a corrupted file or filesystem I have no idea why something wouldn't play.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
If you try playing the same file in the Sandisk firmware, does it work? If so, I have no idea. Short of a corrupted file or filesystem I have no idea why something wouldn't play.
I just can play all songs normally in my Sandisk firmware , no problem at all..........but in the rockbox firmware , there was no sound at all..............I already updated my rockbox version to r 26979,but still nothing happened , no sound at all when audio playback...................I am so confused .Please help...........thx................

Old 06-19-2010, 11:47 PM

Sorry, never heard of anything like that.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolz23 View Post
I just can play all songs normally in my Sandisk firmware , no problem at all..........but in the rockbox firmware , there was no sound at all..............I already updated my rockbox version to r 26979,but still nothing happened , no sound at all when audio playback...................I am so confused .Please help...........thx................
I think u sould be back to earlier version of rockbox...
u can download it here: http://www.enterupload.com/vuujcce6v...00521.zip.html

now try to remove newest version of rockbox and put older version of rockbox to clip+...

hope this will help...

Old 06-20-2010, 06:28 AM

Reporting mp3 tracks jumping on recent build. This is really annoying Anyone help?

Art

Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 AM

how recent? a change was made at 2am that probably fixed that...

http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?vi...revision=26979

also, this is a handy page for your bookmarks.

http://www.rockbox.org/recent.shtml#svn

Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 AM

The build is from an hour ago (build r26981). MP3 tracks seem to still jump with this build as it did with r26979. I think its MP3s on my SD card that are affected. I never had this problem before with releases before r26979.

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 06-20-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 AM

Don’t know if this is your issue, if various builds don’t work correctly it could be the bootloader, why not try to make a new one or use one of the ones already posted.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Don’t know if this is your issue, if various builds don’t work correctly it could be the bootloader, why not try to make a new one or use one of the ones already posted.
I've been using BootLoader V2 as posted by dfkt on this forum.

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 06-20-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 AM

sadly, the recent build is unstable. keep getting random and sudden white noise, then the current track skips to the next.

the only stable one for me is, saratogo's vol v2 patch. after turning off all crossfade and fade when pause/stop, the hissing and cracking noises were gone. but the sound feels like it's been compressed a little...

Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Mhmm I just installed the latest build and it doesn't update my database: crashes just before the end. It also seems to see more files than there actually are...

Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM

R26979 gives me random track skipping with aac files (encoded by Quicktime/iTunes or Nero, LC or HE). HE-AAC files display as double the actual bitrate and half the actual playing time.

mp3 and Ogg Vorbis files are working fine, though I've mostly tested the latter.

Since I don't really *need* AAC, I'm happy with this build. Pitch bug (afaict and afaik) is effectively gone, lots more flexibility than the Clip+ OF. Thanks very much to the Rockbox developers!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarko View Post
R26979 gives me random track skipping with aac files (encoded by Quicktime/iTunes or Nero, LC or HE). HE-AAC files display as double the actual bitrate and half the actual playing time.

mp3 and Ogg Vorbis files are working fine, though I've mostly tested the latter.

Since I don't really *need* AAC, I'm happy with this build. Pitch bug (afaict and afaik) is effectively gone, lots more flexibility than the Clip+ OF. Thanks very much to the Rockbox developers!
r26979 has the pitch bug, but shouldn't have stitching. Are you sure thats the build you're thinking of?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
r26979 has the pitch bug, but shouldn't have stitching. Are you sure thats the build you're thinking of?
Ah yes, you're right. I didn't see the reversion of 26937 in the log and didn't compare (musical) notes myself.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:38 AM

so which build is the one with the pitch bug fixed? any links to a readymade that i can copy paste right away?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew9292 View Post
so which build is the one with the pitch bug fixed? any links to a readymade that i can copy paste right away?
I have version 26978 which I grabbed off the daily builds page yesterday.

http://www.rockbox.org/daily.shtml

As far as I can tell, the pitch bug is gone now. This is great news and is a huge surprise to me since these comments were made by funman:

----8<----
Closed by Rafaël Carré (funman)
Sunday, 13 June 2010, 19:05 GMT+2
Reason for closing: Not a Bug
Additional comments about closing: Like bertrik said, the precision is about 1.1% when playing 44.1kHz audio with the PLL clocked at 240MHz.

Not a bug, it's well enough for human ears.
----8<----

So I'm not sure how it happened, but two different tests that I ran: 1) playing along with a track that's in-tune on an in-tune guitar, and 2) tapping along with the same track with rockbox and the OF, it looks like the pitch bug, if not completely gone, has been mostly cured.

Three cheers for the rockbox folks.

EDIT: let me add this is on a Clip v2, not a Clip+.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew9292 View Post
26978 is the last one with the pitch "fix" in it. But its screws up SD card access and tended to also scramble playback of some audio files, so its a lot worse then the problem it fixes IMO. For now its probably better to just use the current build until someone figures out why fixing the pitch screwed up reading from memory.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
26978 is the last one with the pitch "fix" in it. But its screws up SD card access and tended to also scramble playback of some audio files, so its a lot worse then the problem it fixes IMO. For now its probably better to just use the current build until someone figures out why fixing the pitch screwed up reading from memory.
I was wondering, can the playback speed be simply changed to 101.1% by default in the affected Sansa players' builds, if the method of altering the PLL clock causes other problems? Perhaps it adversely affects batter power, but isn't this a case of fixing a problem worse than it causes if it's a choice between proper pitch and imperceptibly less battery life? But maybe it can't be made default anyway? Thanks.