android
Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 PM

how is exactly runtime battery for sansa clip+ rockbox?is it too much short than clip+ original?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Its been bouncing between a little better and a little worse for MP3 as funman turns things on and off. For everything else its probably a lot better.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 AM

Saratoga, your v2 volume patch works great - as loud as the other variants, and no volume jumps or channel imbalance. Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?knyewezhinw

Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
The Clip+ and Fuzev2 both use this driver, as do a lot of other targets, so you'll be changing things for all the Sansas and probably some other brands too.
Sorry to bother again, but one final question- is that necessarily a bad thing? Could the volumes stand to be boosted, or will I get crazy amounts of clipping on a FuzeV2 (or other target that uses that driver)? I see that your v2 patch breaks the AMSv1 players but I don't do custom builds for them anyways.

I just want to make sure that if I patch it for the Clip+ it won't make my FuzeV2 sound like crap. Thanks.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
I just want to make sure that if I patch it for the Clip+ it won't make my FuzeV2 sound like crap. Thanks.
I haven't tested on the Fuzev2, but since the CPU+DAC are identical I doubt its any different. Try it and see.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Try it and see.
It's definately louder... I don't have two Fuze's so I can't quite do a side-by-side, but it does seem to be noticeably louder with the clip_vol_v2 patched build.

Side note: If anyone's feeling generous, would somebody be able to generate a .patch of the old keymap? I have yet to generate a proper patch (that I can just patch --binary -pn keymap.patch) from the file marc2003 pointed me to.

If not I'll just keep pluggin along, but the process of actually generating the .patch seems kinda lost on me.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:14 PM

You just apply the patch from SVN with -R to revert it: download the patch and patch -R -p1 < keymap.diff --dry-run

Or you can normally apply the patch I made from svn diff: http://pastie.org/1009197

Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 PM

Thanks dfkt, I copied the patch from pastie and it worked.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 AM

Here's what a new patch does for the sample rate errors... 1000Hz is the reference wave, and Rockbox is now more precise than the original firmware.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Saratoga, your v2 volume patch works great - as loud as the other variants, and no volume jumps or channel imbalance. Thanks!

When you say V2 volume patch do you mean volume patch for Clip V2? And is this for Clip V2 or Clip+?

Please advise

Art

Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 AM

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11364#comment36063

Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks for yet another readymade package! About this volume patch, one thing I noticed is that when I turn the volume all the way down I can still hear very faint music through my earphones. Even though the 'muted' symbol is shown.

Don't know how this was before this patch though. At any rate, it doesn't bother me.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM

http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?vi...revision=26938

Thank you Funman.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, thank you!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:36 PM

Well, it was a hard bargain, keymap against keymap: http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?vi...revision=26943

Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 AM

hello everyone , I am just a newbie and I just bought sansa clip+ a few weeks ago and i tried to rockbox my clip+ with the bootloader dual boot and rockbox firmware that existed in the first page.I can enter the rockbox firmware but when I want to play song , there was no sound at all.......and it always hang and I need to hard reset my clip+. what is the problem??????thx for answering....................

Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 AM

What version number?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
What version number?
do i need to upgrade my firmware first to 01.02.15 first then I can rockbox using the boot loader sansaclipplus-01.02.15-dual_boot in the first page??????because I don't upgrade my firmware since I bought my clip+, and my clip+ version is 01.02.09 p.Is this the problem why the rockbox can't work properly????How I can I reinstall the rockbox?????thx for answering............

Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I am reporting system crashes and freezes on my Clip+ with that build

Its when I play my rockboxed Clip+ and adjust settings and opened sound settings that I made and saved on previous builds that within around 10 minutes my Clip+ switched itself off or it freezes while playing mp3s. I have never had that problem with the previous builds in the past two months.

Please advise

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 06-19-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolz23 View Post
do i need to upgrade my firmware first to 01.02.15 first then I can rockbox using the boot loader sansaclipplus-01.02.15-dual_boot in the first page??????because I don't upgrade my firmware since I bought my clip+, and my clip+ version is 01.02.09 p.Is this the problem why the rockbox can't work properly????How I can I reinstall the rockbox?????thx for answering............
I mean what version of rockbox are you running?