android
Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonehelmet View Post
Secondly, where can I find dfkt's or yuki's themes that were mentioned here? I only found additional themes at http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus but as far as I can tell, dfkt's and yuki's are not on that page.
Recently, Rockbox had a major change to how themes were required to be written. It caused all existing themes to be incompatible with the newest revisions of Rockbox. You have to wait until someone fixes those themes and reuploads them to the site.
Here's the page for the themes that work with older Rockbox revisions, where you can find dfkt's and yuki's themes that were mentioned earlier in this thread: http://themes.rockbox.org/oldsite/ww...=sansaclipplus

Last edited by grazzhoppa; 08-26-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuko61 View Post
dfkt > Are you going to update your theme for Clip +? I like it the most, but not working with new builds.
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus

Obviously the font is now included in the big font pack for download, so I had to delete it from my ZIP archive (otherwise it wouldn't let me upload my theme). Not sure how that works out, don't hold me responsible if the theme looks weird.

I think it would be better if the themes site allowed uploading redundant font files inside theme packages, instead of having people download the separate huge font pack for just one font. That might be a bit more waste of bandwidth, but it's easier and more logical for users (and fonts are usually only a few kB anyways).

Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 AM

Hey guys! I've made a new theme, based on the "literal" theme. I just changed the positions and the font, so that the unicode font "sazanami-mincho-10" fits perfectly. It works with all clips (v1,v1, clip +) You can download it from: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=sansaclipv2

Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Here's a fresh build (just one revision before Rockbox 3.6 was released today ) with the old keymap and the 0x1b volume level: http://www.mediafire.com/?qjuiimvyakj

(For anyone interested, I only reverted that diff: http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/tr...396&view=patch)
Anyone else having problems with creating bookmarks in this build? On my Clip+, the newly created bookmarks don't show up in the bookmarks-list.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:58 AM

Built with the new arm-eabi-gcc toolchain, featuring the old keymap, and 0x1b volume: http://www.mediafire.com/?rh2zgjxtlyl (I've only tested that build a short time, no idea how stable it runs, since the whole build toolchain changed).

Saratoga, please, please revert the horrible new keymap back to how it was, so I can stop worrying about the future, when the reverse-patch might get out of sync. Pretty please?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:34 PM

This reminds me of the e200 days when there were many "custom" builds being passed about and peoples' efforts were spent keeping their build's followers happy with plug-ins, patches, etc. instead of contributing to main effort of rockbox in general.

I know someone will always be unhappy with certain features, keymaps, etc., but I hope we'll get back to the majority of people being content with the regularly updated "normal" rockbox builds again.

What's hard to know is if the majority of people already are happy. Perhaps dfkt and I are in the minority for keymapping and volume preferences.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaneu View Post
Perhaps dfkt and I are in the minority for keymapping and volume preferences.
Count me to the minority too...

@saratoga & funman:

Old 06-12-2010, 03:40 PM

One more, since so much was going on lately: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3gyeygzmxw

Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timar View Post
Count me to the minority too...

@saratoga & funman:

I prefer dfkt's keymapping and 0x1b volume preference build of Rockbox aswell. So the minority is slowly growing into a majority

Art

Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm still using dfkt's r26093M-10056 haha, gonna keep waiting as it works perfectly. Tried the new key map, didn't like it one bit so i went back.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 AM

Hey dfkt, I assume you have patches for the higher volume/old key map, care to share em?

EDIT: Forgot, I already have the higher volume.patch from the FS article. Do you happen to have the keymap one laying around? Thanks.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Last edited by sunami88; 06-13-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 AM

it's a few posts up if you bother to look.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 AM

I don't mean the whole compiled build, I mean just the .patch to incorporate into my own (that way, I could compile next weeks build and still have the higher volume+old keymap).

Last edited by sunami88; 06-13-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
I don't mean the whole compiled build, I mean just the .patch to incorporate into my own (that way, I could compile next weeks build and still have the higher volume+old keymap).
i know what you meant. look again.

obviously that's a diff of the unwanted change so you need to patch with -R to revert it.

Last edited by marc2003; 06-13-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
i know what you meant. look again.

obviously that's a diff of the unwanted change so you need to patch with -R to revert it.
I stand corrected. My bad. 595 posts... maybe it's time for a new thread haha.

Last edited by sunami88; 06-13-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
EDIT: Forgot, I already have the higher volume.patch from the FS article. Do you happen to have the keymap one laying around? Thanks.

You don't happen to have the link handy where you got the higher volume.patch from? So I can patch any newer builds myself.

Cheers

Art

Old 06-13-2010, 08:55 AM

You don't really need a patch, you just replace 0x16 with 0x1b at the appropriate instances in the source, as discussed before.

Either way, saratoga opened a task on the tracker: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/index...&task_id=11364 - I see in that patch all instances of 0x16 are replaced with 0x1b. Funman suggested something different (only changing 2 instances), and Timar suggested yet another solution (changing 4 instances)...

Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
If you want to change your rockbox build, edit firmware/drivers/audio/as3514.c function audiohw_set_master_vol and change "mix_r = 0x16" and "mix_l = 0x16" into any number. The value ranges from 0 (minimum volume) to 0x1f (31, maximum volume).
Where do I find firmware/drivers/audio/as3514.c ?

Do you have simple step by step instructions of how to do this?

Cheers

Art

Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 PM

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide

if you use windows i'd ignore the cygwin method. it's so slow it's enough to make you weep. you'd be much better off setting up a linux virtual machine.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide

if you use windows i'd ignore the cygwin method. it's so slow it's enough to make you weep. you'd be much better off setting up a linux virtual machine.
Not to mention I think some of the dependencies for the new eabi compiler are missing from the wiki article. I'm working my way through this, and you can see my progress here. It's not likely to be resolved any time soon, thing does take a long ass time to compile on my system... But I am working on it.