android
Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
when you say root, you mean?
The new drive letter corresponding to the player when plugged in msc mode (for example “f” sansa drive).

*Disclaimer: if you don't know what you are doing, be careful, you can brick your player*

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

In the future, if you find a computer word you haven't heard before, wikipedia is a great resource:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I did that. Extracted both files to the drive that the clip+ is associated with. I did get the question if I wanted to duplicate clppa file, I choose no, keep the newest one. Do I need to have two of them one my clip+?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
I did that. Extracted both files to the drive that the clip+ is associated with.
Obviously not correctly though, since the files didn't end up where you meant to put them. Double check what ended up where.

Quote:
I did get the question if I wanted to duplicate clppa file, I choose no, keep the newest one. Do I need to have two of them one my clip+?
Well you can't have two files with the same name in the same place, so thats not a concern. More importantly, why is that file there at all? When you flashed your clip that file was deleted. Did you copy another one there afterwards? I recommend not doing that. Each time you flash a new sandisk firmware to your clip theres some small risk it could break. You shouldn't do it for no reason.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
It's called YellowBarDynamic - it changes to show other information also ie playlist, battery level etc. I like it because it shows the number of times I've played a track.
As a new member here and a very recent convert to Rockbox, I just have to say how brilliant it is on the Clip+ and that YellowBarDynamic theme is great - many thanks to everyone involved, I am really grateful!

Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM

I Did it!!! Yippee!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:08 AM

I just got a Clip+ and Rockboxed it. It's crashed a few times as I've clicked around the menus, but overall it's fairly stable for an "unstable" release.

I've been waiting for a good EQ for a long time. The EQ really solves the "I need another headphone" problem for me...

The only problem now is the text on the Clip+ screen gives me a headache because of the size. Perhaps I need a Fuze. Or maybe my eyes from 10 years ago :P

Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM

12pt font with the back & forth scrolling really helps those of us with aging eyes.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 PM

Yippie! Good News, the Clip+ is now supported by RockboxUtility. Have tried the Linux version under Ubuntu Lucid and it worked perferctly. Good news especially for the newbies.

And it seems that they fixed the loading bug. File transfer still not supported though.

edit: ok, the rockboxutility support doesn't seem to be very new, but the loading support is.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:35 AM

Default Bookmarks

Anybody else notice that bookmarks can be arbitrary with the latest Rockbox? Specifically, if I shutdown my Clip+ (which creates a current bookmark), restart in OF, load new files, restart in RB and select 'Resume playing', it will start playing at a random spot in one of the newly-loaded files (which didn't exist when the bookmark was created). I can go to 'Recent bookmarks' and find the correct one as the second in line. Not a show-stopper, just curious.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM

does anyone know a theme for the playing screen that displays asian/unicode characters properly

also, i noticed that most of the themes are unfit for the clip+ screen, any recommendations on themes?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 AM

I installed r26380 and reporting poor sound compared to the previous releases. The sound quality has degraded and sounds a bit distorted.

The sound quality on the previous releases was brilliant but this doesn't seem to be the case with r26380

Art

Old 05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I installed r26380 and reporting poor sound compared to the previous releases.
If you want to make a useful report, tell us what "previous releases" is, so we can compare too.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:38 AM

Hi Rockbox's developers!

How many Clip+ did you brick before arriving to this such great OS?

Congrates again!

Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
If you want to make a useful report, tell us what "previous releases" is, so we can compare too.
If you want to me to make a useful report then the build where I got good sound quality from an EQ setting that I made was r26177 and other releases up to r26380.

However I will try other builds to see if I get the sound quality back that I had with the previous release especially r26177.

EDIT:

I also think the reason I could be getting degraded sound quality is because I am using RockBoxUtility instead of manually dragging the RockBox folder to my Clip+. Could this be a possible reason? As I first used RocboxUtility with r26380.

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 05-30-2010 at 06:49 AM.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 AM

Default Bootloader Instalation Issue

Can I use older version of OF to start bootloader instalation but keep newest version of OF in Clip+? I'm getting error when try to use 01.02.15 OF and RockboxUtility sugests 01.02.09

http://picasaweb.google.pl/lh/photo/...eat=directlink

Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonlb View Post
Can I use older version of OF to start bootloader instalation but keep newest version of OF in Clip+? I'm getting error when try to use 01.02.15 OF and RockboxUtility sugests 01.02.09

http://picasaweb.google.pl/lh/photo/...eat=directlink

You can not have two versions of the OF on the Clip.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-30-2010, 06:54 AM

I know that but I would like to use the newest but installer sugests me odler version to start instalation and I want to know if I could use older version only to start instalation but keep newer version becouse I'm 100% sure battery life is much longer.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I know that but I would like to use the newest but installer sugests me odler version to start instalation and I want to know if I could use older version only to start instalation but keep newer version becouse I'm 100% sure battery life is much longer.
What WalkGood was trying to tell you is: No, you cannot do this.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Hi, first post on this board.
First of all I want to give an huge thank you to the rockbox developers, your work is simply fantastic, keep it up!
Also a thank you to the ABI folks, this is a great resource!

Quote:
The bootloader linked in the main post of this thread is based on the latest version of the OF, why don't you just use that?