android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM

Default How to "hide" your videos on your Zune HD

So for reasons we won't get into, I would like to be able to put videos on my Zune HD without a certain special someone stumbling across them while trying to flip through songs while riding in the car

So I've come up with a solution but I'm hoping others will share their tips because my method seems overly complicated, but what I found to be a great hiding spot is under the Podcast directory. Here's what I do:

1) The video has to be .MP4 format
2) I use Mp3Tag program to add a label to the "Album" category, this will be the name of the Podcast 'show'
3) Using Windows 7, I right click on the file in Windows Explorer, select Properties, select Details tab, and under Genre I type in "podcast" without quotes and click Apply.
4) Put the file in your podcast folder and bingo! you have a video on your Zune with text only that you select and no thumbnail image. Just make sure you set the podcast settings for your custom show so it doesn't delete it after you watch it. You might also want to create a custom thumbnail of the video for Windows Explorer which you can also do with Mp3Tag program.

Now, I have only gotten this to work with MP4 files, Mp3Tag doesn't seem to cooperate with WMV or XviD files. Also, I don't know what to do if you have XP or Vista. Does anyone else have any tips or advice on hiding content on your Zune? I hope people don't feel this is too wrong

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]