android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2010, 02:39 AM

Default No experience with AMPs!!! Please suggest

Hi everybody,
as a new member and totally non-experienced with Apm's. Actually, I was using my iPod Cliassic 30Gb for a couple of years with Sony MDR-J10 - Clip-On In-Ear. I did some reading and purchased SoundMagic PL50 IEM just to taste a water. It is very nice improvement and I thinking to upgrade soon (considering RE0, CK10, ER4P, HJE900 ).
Off course I found out that there;s something called "Portable Headphone Amps" that can probably improve SQ from Ipod (not very happy what I hear, from what I read). But since I totally without knowledge about Amp's (not sure what's LOD and DAC exactly in practical meaning and how to use it) and would like to have better SQ, and preferably soundstage, bass not much of importance to me.

So I'm writing this and looking for advice what to do and what to buy with following:

iPod classic + (Amp up to $100 with possible soundstage and SQ improvment) + (IEM $150-$200).

If have to go ~$100 possible choice of IEM would be RE0.

What is your suggestion for good, durable Amp.

I 've noticed some folks started with Fii0's, but I would rather buy something with more quality and put money in better equipment. After all this is a great forum and it's understandable (for me) to have best opinions right here...lol!

Thank you very much!

Last edited by goranilic; 03-21-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]