android
Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the replies Dave....if you ever need any AUS Product Development Beta testers or User Feedback candidates keep me in mind !!! I'm on technet and would be happy to review anything you wanted !

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
Yup, the UI itself isn't graphics processor intensive - the smoothness is. Early builds that I saw were much less smooth than what shipped, but the fundamentals were in place very, very early.
This is one of the best things I love about the HD UI, how smooth it is. I showed it to my cousin who has a 3GS and he said its smoother then an iphone which I thought had one of the smoothest interfaces ever. Even my Nexus One with a snapdragon in it isn't as fluid in the menus as the Zune Hd is. If the new Windows 7 phones are the same way, then that will definitely be my next phone.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutthoat5150 View Post
This is one of the best things I love about the HD UI, how smooth it is. I showed it to my cousin who has a 3GS and he said its smoother then an iphone which I thought had one of the smoothest interfaces ever. Even my Nexus One with a snapdragon in it isn't as fluid in the menus as the Zune Hd is. If the new Windows 7 phones are the same way, then that will definitely be my next phone.
Oddly enough, I think that the best thing about the HD is the quickplay screen. Being able to customize that screen by "pinning" albums, artists, and playlists makes it unique among portable media players....and is the first player UI that makes advances in accessing media library items.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 AM

ZuneHD spring update might come tomorrow/ very soon? Dave is it true?!??

Source: Zuneboards

Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post

If you kids don't settle down I'm going to turn this car around and no one is getting any pizza or ice cream.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erythro42 View Post
If you kids don't settle down I'm going to turn this car around and no one is getting any pizza or ice cream.
-.-# ::shuts up::

Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:

It might, it might not. It could very well just be technical difficulties. Don't think Dave can say unless there is an official word from MS.

My guess would be for a mid-april release, but thats just me.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 AM

I hope it comes before spring break c'mon!!! YouTube!!! Yeah!!!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
c'mon!!! YouTube!!! Yeah!!!!!
My advice (and something I think even Zune-lovers would agree with): Don't get your hopes up. Expect only what has been announced and nothing particularly groundbreaking beyond that. If, by some quiet miracle, YouTube support does show up on your Zune HD this Spring, then be excited. In other words, manage your expectations and appreciate the player for its current scope of capabilities.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutthoat5150 View Post
I think it's more that Android hasn't worked out all the kinks in its code (it's very young/immature at this point).
And you have a Nexus One? I'm jealous. Even though I have my mind set on a Palm Pre Plus, I still appreciate how good of a phone the Nexus One is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erythro42
Remember, I like Hawaiian pizza, and old-peoples' butter pecan ice cream. Don't forget the chocolate syrup.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
I think it's more that Android hasn't worked out all the kinks in its code (it's very young/immature at this point).
And you have a Nexus One? I'm jealous. Even though I have my mind set on a Palm Pre Plus, I still appreciate how good of a phone the Nexus One is.

Remember, I like Hawaiian pizza, and old-peoples' butter pecan ice cream. Don't forget the chocolate syrup.
Lol the Nexus One, great stuff. Wish I could get a snapdragon cpu based phone.
Droid ain't bad either, with its full qwerty.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 PM

Ok so now thiers a rumor that theirs a "ZuneHD spring update beta" ...? Dave are you running it on your ZuneHD?

Well Dave my question is. After the spring update, so now what? I mean is this the last major update on the ZuneHD?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Well Dave my question is. After the spring update, so now what? I mean is this the last major update on the ZuneHD?
Of course Dave can't tell you one way or the other. You'll have to wait until either (1) a subsequent update magically materializes, or (2) Microsoft pre-announces another update is in the works (something Dave has stated is very uncommon for Microsoft to do).

Old 03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Buddy

Ya, I'm not saying nuthin'.

Except - yes, I'm running the update code.

No - there aren't "technical difficulties" or delays.

Ignore the rumours, and wait until @yegr announces. Then apparently we all get pizza and icecream!

Cheers, Dave.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Then apparently we all get pizza and icecream!
I'm holding you to that promise, and throwing a web-tantrum if you don't follow through...

Now to speculate on flavors and toppings...

Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I'm holding you to that promise, and throwing a web-tantrum if you don't follow through...

Now to speculate on flavors and toppings...
I already know how that conversation will go...

Re-Vision will claim that Apple markets flavours and toppings better than MS, that our flavours were just a beta test, and that the only flavours that will really sell will be portable gaming flavours. Chocolate, vanilla, lemon, caramel - all flavourfails.

Lip will jump in and defend MS - while pointing out that he's got some complaints of his own, but that things aren't that bad and people need to wait and see what flavours appear.

weedalin will bemoan the fact that he can't get Android syrup or a frozen whipped Nexus One.

epithetless doesn't care what flavour he gets, as long as we pre-announce it and don't miss our delivery date.

m_k will remind us that only chocolate and vanilla can be had over his dial-up connection because he lives way out in the sticks. That's probably just as well, because the government has spies in tubs of rocky road, the Russians are watching us all through a lemon icecream portal and big brother - whomever that might be - is using the protection mechanisms in syrup to track personally identifiable data through a combination of ingestion and fingerprint detection on the bottle.

lem7 doesn't actually want icecream or pizza, but he does want to watch amateur videos of icecream and pizza on YouTube.

Strider_Aus changed his address to be "Sydney, California" so the icecream truck would stop at his place - they didn't have any vegemite icecream, but the vegeterian syrup he mistakently got instead isn't going down badly with the 6 tinnies of VB he's already into.

And then there's me - telling everyone that in fact we aren't set up to deliver icecream nor pizza, and so we'll instead be having sherbet. In two flavours. Delivered in 4 monthly intervals, but I promise there's a rainbow of flavours coming. Soon. Really. You gotta believe me. Just can't say when. Or how many. Or which ones.

Rock on guys...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
I already know how that conversation will go...

Re-Vision will claim that Apple markets flavours and toppings better than MS, that our flavours were just a beta test, and that the only flavours that will really sell will be portable gaming flavours. Chocolate, vanilla, lemon, caramel - all flavourfails.

Lip will jump in and defend MS - while pointing out that he's got some complaints of his own, but that things aren't that bad and people need to wait and see what flavours appear.

weedalin will bemoan the fact that he can't get Android syrup or a frozen whipped Nexus One.

epithetless doesn't care what flavour he gets, as long as we pre-announce it and don't miss our delivery date.

m_k will remind us that only chocolate and vanilla can be had over his dial-up connection because he lives way out in the sticks. That's probably just as well, because the government has spies in tubs of rocky road, the Russians are watching us all through a lemon icecream portal and big brother - whomever that might be - is using the protection mechanisms in syrup to track personally identifiable data through a combination of ingestion and fingerprint detection on the bottle.

lem7 doesn't actually want icecream or pizza, but he does want to watch amateur videos of icecream and pizza on YouTube.

Strider_Aus changed his address to be "Sydney, California" so the icecream truck would stop at his place - they didn't have any vegemite icecream, but the vegeterian syrup he mistakently got instead isn't going down badly with the 6 tinnies of VB he's already into.

And then there's me - telling everyone that in fact we aren't set up to deliver icecream nor pizza, and so we'll instead be having sherbet. In two flavours. Delivered in 4 monthly intervals, but I promise there's a rainbow of flavours coming. Soon. Really. You gotta believe me. Just can't say when. Or how many. Or which ones.

Rock on guys...

Cheers, Dave.

Classic...

Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Heheh...Well done, Dave. Although, with:

Quote:
...I think you have me mischaracterized (or maybe you were thinking of someone else?). I'm the guy who, understanding that the Zune HD was marketed as a Premium Breakfast Device, is hardly concerned about pizza, ice cream, broadcasts, and punctuality. I just want a wide variety of delicious choices when it comes to my morning feast. I want to be able to eat things my way, in whatever order -- and whatever combinations -- I please, and season to taste. I want to feel like I'm dining at the finest breakfast buffet in town, not an understaffed, menuless cafeteria which plops "America's favorite" cookie-cutter rations onto my tray and closes before lunch.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Buddy

Touche...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
LOL I went with Florida Dave (see my new sig. hahaha). Just couldn't stand the thought of having ".....get to the chupper" Arnie as my Governor ! Nice post