android
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Default Seriously where is the Spring Update

Please I am getting so tired of waiting... puh-leasssssseeeee. I thought for sure it would be revealed at MIX.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 PM

And yes I realize this is not a constructive thread Just trying to the pass the time a bit!

Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 PM

Maybe tomorrow seeing as how it's the first day of spring but I wouldn't count on it.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 PM

Yeah you should wait until of 1/4 of spring then ask the question " where the **** is the spring update" gosh spring didn't even start yet....

Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 PM

I lol'd

Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 PM

Historically the updates come late March OR late May per the long time users on Zune.net forums.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 PM

Is it summer already? My goodness how time flies. It hardly seems as if winter has even ended yet.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:01 AM

Hah. Up here at 9000 feet, winter will
be here for another 2 months...

Old 03-20-2010, 01:18 AM

Speaking of which, where's the Fall Update? Geesh, it's taking forever!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 AM

Ya, and where are all those apps they announced 3 months from now? Goddamn is it taking forever

Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 AM

Well it's Autumn here in Australia, maybe Dave (being an Aussie) meant Spring AUS update :P idk if I can stand to see another 7 months of these sorts of threads ! LOL

Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 AM

idk what the big deal is. It will get here when it gets here. To show my support to the Zune Team, I bought a 2 year extended warranty for my ZuneHD (a sale on the Service Contract thingay.. 2 years for $79.99!!) I figure that the screen will have degraded enough that instead of being told by Zune Support "We can't fix this." I would get a new/refurb Zune although I would hope that I would get a new one since I did pay the extra $$.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
idk what the big deal is. It will get here when it gets here. To show my support to the Zune Team, I bought a 2 year extended warranty for my ZuneHD (a sale on the Service Contract thingay.. 2 years for $79.99!!) I figure that the screen will have degraded enough that instead of being told by Zune Support "We can't fix this." I would get a new/refurb Zune although I would hope that I would get a new one since I did pay the extra $$.
Does the extended warranty cover natural wear (which I assume screen degradation would fall under)?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Landscapers showed up yesterday to do a Spring cleanup on my yard. They left, and 2 hours later it started to snow. With global warning and all, we can rely on Spring to show up on time about as much as you should expect an update to show up from MS on a specific date.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Does the extended warranty cover natural wear (which I assume screen degradation would fall under)?
The OLED degrading is no different than the backlight on an LCD going out under warranty.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 AM

It wouldn't have been done at MIX. That's a developer's conference. I bet there will be an announcement next week at CTIA (or soon after) and release on or before the Pink launch on April 21st. Remember, spring just started today.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubdirthill View Post
It wouldn't have been done at MIX. That's a developer's conference. I bet there will be an announcement next week at CTIA (or soon after) and release on or before the Pink launch on April 21st. Remember, spring just started today.
From "this week" to the "next week"...speculations everywhere...At least they should have announced the month..

unfortunately for people who anxiously wait for it, when someone announces a "spring update", it could be any time in spring. That even means at the last day of May. So the best speculation we can think, is that last day of May...its better than thinking "soon".

Last edited by Zuniq; 03-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 AM

Seriously, though, I don't really see what all the hullabaloo is about anyway. I really doubt it is going to be a revolutionary update. A couple of features, a couple of bug fixes seems like he most likely scenario. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up on much more.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe View Post
Seriously, though, I don't really see what all the hullabaloo is about anyway. I really doubt it is going to be a revolutionary update. A couple of features, a couple of bug fixes seems like he most likely scenario. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up on much more.
Divx and Xvid is VERY important and Dave has said that there will be more features which we don't know yet.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:52 PM

Sure, the announced stuff is nice but is it important enough to get really excited about when it is going to get here...like anxiously waiting for Christmas morning when it isn't even December yet?

And I am sure there will be other stuff, but I really doubt anyone will be waking up with a pony under the Christmas tree.