android
  #1  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
boofus boofus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 37
Default Modifying the UCI; what's needed?

As a learning exercise, I extracted the equivalent of mainmenu1.swf from the factory firmware and then decompiled it to an .FLA file.

Next I made some minor cosmetic changes(using CS4) and then recompiled it back to .SWF and loaded into system/FLASH UI.

My changes do not show up on the S9. What am I doing wrong?

Claw???? NE1???

Boo
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
ultrauber's Avatar
ultrauber ultrauber is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 516
Default

I think you might need to modify the launcher.swf too.I'm not sure, claw/other developers are the ones to ask.
__________________
Cowon S9 32GB > HiFiMan RE0 (RIP) | Sansa Clip+ 16GB (Rockbox) > Soundmagic PL20
If you have problems, try MSC mode, then google.com
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
boofus boofus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
I think you might need to modify the launcher.swf too.I'm not sure, claw/other developers are the ones to ask.

Thanks for your reply. However, my problem was with the publish settings under CS4. Had to turn off a trace option.

Now, I've figured out that the DE-compiler used MAY make a difference. It seems there are two "favorites" Trillix and SoThink. I'm currently playing with both. The outputs when de-compiling the same .SWF file can be DRASTICALLY different.

Boo
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.