android
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Unhappy Sansa Clip LockDown/Freeze

SANSA Clip 2GB v1,01,32.

So, the last thing i did before it all went berserk, i put one 15mb jpeg on the device (a large picture i needed) and 4 new music files (mp3 of 200mb each) and i connected the device to a cd player with usb, device was getting power and playing tracks, showing conected to PC screen in that time. All of a sudden it powered OFF and since then it takes him 10min to get over the bootup screen (the sansa logo animation) after witch it stays around 2-5min refreshing media ... i format it, MSC mode, reset, hold down mid button when connecting, did not help.

As i said i can connect to it but takes alot of time. If i play a file it freezez after a short time. After format it says "Total memory 1923 mb" and "Free memory 1102mb" and that i have 32 songs on the player, but the list is empty.

I read and did everything related to crash/freeze on this forum.did not work. Formating takes 2-3min to finish but does nothing.

Also tried formating from withing windows explorer, it says it cant completly format the device. In explorer i can see all my songs, and the jpg photo are still on the device, trying to delete them resulted in a error message..

Everything i try to do is so SLOW and i cant copy/paste on or from the device anything, thats what problems i have.
I cant update firmware either.

My sansa is on LockDown.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM

In off position, try putting the lock on (slider left side down), now while holding the center button attempt a pc connection, if it connects check that it connected as a usb device and then format FAT32. Disconnect and look into settings and change to msc mode. I say this as sometimes it seems to change to auto-select, which causes problems. Once in msc mode, connect again and do a fw upgrade to the latest v1 fw 1.01.35a, you can find it here.

On another note the panasonic formatter works better than windows, you can find it here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 AM

i cant, if i format it nomather what (fat, fat32) once i close it and open again its back to its original state. Whatever modifications i make to the files inside it, they come back . Deleting 1 file, brings it back in 10 sec and i can play it on winamp for ex.

Player takes 5 min to start so i am able to use it. Its on MSC mode anyway, dosnt help changing settings, cause they come back to what they used to be ...

ITs like the memory inside it has locked and cant be changed/deleted.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 AM

From windows explorer, right click-> properties->take the tick out of
read-only box. Just a suggestion to look at ...

Edit: Another thing to try would be under tools, error-checking, aside from dat I'm fresh out of ideas :/

Last edited by WalkGood; 03-19-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:50 PM

clearly its broken in a weird way that i dont plan to find out why...

I`ll use it in a static place untill i get tired of the music that still remains on it, after witch i`ll smash it with a rock. no more sansa from now on ...

Old 03-19-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselciuy View Post

I`ll use it in a static place untill i get tired of the music that still remains on it, after witch i`ll smash it with a rock. no more sansa from now on ...
that's up to you, I wouldn't give up so easily and keep looking or trying alternatives before I took the rock method

Old 03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselciuy View Post

Hmmm...hope you don't own a Toyota (or any other car for that matter)

Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 AM

dude, i have no ideea what to do... sansa support sucks, no1 knows whats going on. . . i virus scanned it, tryed formating with different tools, deleting with fail-safe software that dosnt leave a trace behind, security file erasers, different connecting methods (msc and other), error scanned, disk scanned, bad sector scans....nothing works. Whatever i try to do it just comes back, like it has a backup and when i modify its integrity whatsoever it reverts it with the backup, rteally weird. Imagine yourself trying to delete something from your HDD (a movie, a game) and once you refresh that windows its back again. Same thing happens to this sansa clip, its gone berserk.

Luckly i still have waranty 2 months , i just checked, so its back to the store for a replacement or whatever i dont care. Its busted beyond repair.

Tags
freeze, lock