android
Old 03-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Default New player. D2+ or Fuze?

I am looking to replace an 80GB Ipod Classic. I use it mostly for music with the VERY occasional video clip. I am honestly looking for the best sound with good earbuds, ability to upgrade via cards, and durability.

Is one of these significantly better or worse than the other? I think the D2+ looks better and probably has a better screen, but is it comparable in the sound department? It is a little more expensive but has potentially double the size of storage before adding in another card.

If you were going to buy one, which would you buy and why, thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Between those 2 the D2+ because of its superior EQ and sound enhancements.

I have the i9 but it doesn't take cards.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I can't believe I am going to say this, but the D2+ also has about twice the battery life of the Fuze.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this, but the D2+ also has about twice the battery life of the Fuze.
OMG!!!! Marv,....... You've been corrupted!!!!!

Now, if you don't need an EQ, the Fuze will do fine for a cheap SQ fix. But if EQ is your thing, go w/the D2+, as it's an EQ and sound enhancement smorgasbord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the battery life is killer as well,.....

Old 03-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The D2 is better in the sense that it has a better screen for videos, it has Sd support as opposed to microSD, it supports flash and is more customizable, it has more battery life and it has a better EQ.

The only problem with the D2, for me, is that it's incredibly thick and the UI is kind of tricky to master (I still haven't figured out how to shuffle my songs with switching back to the default "Now playing screen").

Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i prefer D2 than fuze too

Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnite View Post
If you were going to buy one, which would you buy and why, thanks.
Funny you should ask. That was my quandry for the past month before I decided...on the Fuze.

Here is why:

Eventually my Fuze will become a 'backup'. Sometime within the next year, I fully expect another player to emerge which will have the as good or better SQ of either and the WITHOUT the problems of the D2+ (or Fuze)...or at least with fewer. The D2+ is also weird looking and a bit bulky. The Fuze is cheap and slips easily into my shirt pocket. Also, I just wanted a good player, no interest in Video.

I heard the sound quality from the Fuze was very good...and I was happy to find out that was indeed the case - even with the stock earbuds! I had intended on immediately getting the Phonak Audeo PFE's to go with this...but am putting that off for a bit just because the stock phones simply aren't all that bad. Maybe another phone will strike my fancy...and I might even move up to the Monster Miles Davis Tributes with the $$ I saved!

No, the Fuze doesn't have much in the way of SQ 'enhancements' but I've found simply adding a little bass and a little treble on the user-definable EQ to be just about right for everything- very close to the 'Jazz' setting actually.

Not being able to discern any difference at all between the highest quality MP3 and FLAC, I just stick with the former and battery life is really quite good, though I haven't tracked it yet.

So, I am very happy with my choice and once a more perfect player is introduced, I will have not shelled out much $$ and will have a very good back up player.

Anyway, I could easily have gone with the D2+ and very nearly did! Since neither player is 'perfect', my choice made more sense to me and I am very happy with it. If I hadn't been, I would not be out much $$...but would have been out more and still yearning for that 'more perfect player' had I made the other choice. I am sure you will be happy with either, but that's how I arrived at my decision.

Tags
d2, fuze