android
  #1  
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default Anyone tried Zagg full-body protectors?

Well I had screen protector I bought from eBay but I want to buy the full body protector from Zagg. Is it just front and back or does it come one for home buttons and play buttons on top and side too?

I had bad experience when I bought one for P2 (paint peeled off).

Do they still use those sprays and things like that?

Well, is it necessary to use spray? Does it work w/o sprays? Because I bought about 7 screen protectors for other devices on eBay and none of them used sprays and I applied them with no problem..


And do I need to take off sticker on the back to apply? I'm worried the writing on the sticker might peel off when I take the protector out later.

Would I be okay to still take off the sticker now? I had 1061 for about a month. Any tips?

Thanks!

Last edited by Chocolate Truffle; 03-18-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Szadzik Szadzik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangesweet View Post
Well I had screen protector I bought from eBay but I want to buy the full body protector from Zagg. Is it just front and back or does it come one for buttons on top and side too?
I think it had parts for sides but do not recall bottom and top.

Quote:
I had bad experience when I bought one for P2 (paint peeled off).

Do they still use those sprays and things like that?
Yes

Quote:
Well, is it necessary to use spray? Does it work w/o sprays? Because I bought about 7 screen protectors for other devices on eBay and none of them used sprays and I applied them with no problem..
It is not necessary for other screen protectors bt for the type of Zagg it makes it much easier to apply.


Quote:
And do I need to take off sticker on the back to apply? I'm worried the writing on the sticker might peel off when I take the protector out later.

Would I be okay to still take off the sticker now? I had 1061 for about a month. Any tips?
I did not take the sticker off.

Just put it on as described on Zagg.com and you will be fine. Then wait a few days for it to settle and look good.
__________________
Present Rig:
HP IQ830UK, SE X1, Nikon D90; HTX-22HD + SKS-11, Sony X1060, AKG K450, Sennheiser HD555, ATH-ESW9

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website

Last edited by Szadzik; 03-18-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Is invisibleSHIELD particularly better than other brands? I bought one for P2 before and it sure felt different than many other screen protectors I bought.

One I have on X1061 is hard to see on sunlight with brightness on 3 and very open to smudges. But it sure was easy to apply... simple as taking it out and putting it on..

Last edited by Chocolate Truffle; 03-18-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Szadzik Szadzik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangesweet View Post
Is invisibleSHIELD particularly better than other brands? I bought one for P2 before and it sure felt different than many other screen protectors I bought.

One I have on X1061 is hard to see on sunlight with brightness on 3 and very open to smudges. But it sure was easy to apply... simple as taking it out and putting it on..
I never tried those skins apart from this one I have on the X. I always preferred stuff like Brando and Martin Fields.
__________________
Present Rig:
HP IQ830UK, SE X1, Nikon D90; HTX-22HD + SKS-11, Sony X1060, AKG K450, Sennheiser HD555, ATH-ESW9

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

I'm just worried that it would peel off X series' paint.. I'm not going to do another test and trial on $399 device... lol.

But I'm definitely looking for a better screen protector against sunlight and smudges.

Martin Fields doesn't have one for X series and Brando is some kind of USB store?
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

Please read my DETAILED screen protector review http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=53139
I suggest you purchase a Genuine sony silicone case, it comes with a decent PET protector (it is glossy and flat like a martin fields but not as thick or strong) And use an invisible shield for the back. I PERSONALLY bought the Invisible Shield full body kit for the Sony X1061, and it only comes with the front, and the back, nothing for the sides, nothing for the buttons. If you'd like, I didn't use the front Invisible Shield, I can send it to you (Free) and if you are good with a compass (the kind that make circles) you can widen the arc of the cutout and use it on the back, save yourself 25$ (or you can just use it on the front, the front sells for $15 all on it's own and I'll send it free, you'll need to buy the shield spray though) As for the Invisible Shield taking paint off, it MIGHT take the sticker off the back, but seeing as a DAP usually lasts only 3-5 years, and if you put it in a leather or (my favorite) silicone case, you shouldn't have to take it off, or have any problems. I was looking into this Steinheil, but they don't make one for the X1000's either. You could try the Durasec ClearTec's ,but considering they come in 5 packs, it doesn't speak too well about their durability. Again I suggest buying a Genuine Sony Silicone case and using it's protector, it is clear, a fingerprint magnet however, and has been doing an OK job at not getting scratched. (If you want I have a friend who works for sony, I can hook you up with a case at a discount via Ebay, check out my profile PhylTeach612) And THEN using an Invisible Shield for the back.. Here is a picture of my X1061 in its case (ignore the 'phones);

Last edited by BattleBrat; 03-18-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 03-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBrat View Post
Please read my DETAILED screen protector review http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=53139
I suggest you purchase a Genuine sony silicone case, it comes with a decent PET protector (it is glossy and flat like a martin fields but not as thick or strong) And use an invisible shield for the back. I PERSONALLY bought the Invisible Shield full body kit for the Sony X1061, and it only comes with the front, and the back, nothing for the sides, nothing for the buttons. If you'd like, I didn't use the front Invisible Shield, I can send it to you (Free) and if you are good with a compass (the kind that make circles) you can widen the arc of the cutout and use it on the back, save yourself 25$ (or you can just use it on the front, the front sells for $15 all on it's own and I'll send it free, you'll need to buy the shield spray though) As for the Invisible Shield taking paint off, it MIGHT take the sticker off the back, but seeing as a DAP usually lasts only 3-5 years, and if you put it in a leather or (my favorite) silicone case, you shouldn't have to take it off, or have any problems. I was looking into this Steinheil, but they don't make one for the X1000's either. You could try the Durasec ClearTec's ,but considering they come in 5 packs, it doesn't speak too well about their durability. Again I suggest buying a Genuine Sony Silicone case and using it's protector, it is clear, a fingerprint magnet however, and has been doing an OK job at not getting scratched. (If you want I have a friend who works for sony, I can hook you up with a case at a discount via Ebay, check out my profile PhylTeach612) And THEN using an Invisible Shield for the back.. Here is a picture of my X1061 in its case (ignore the 'phones);
Wow... thanks for the long reply and also the great review.

It would be great if you could send me the front screen protector!

I think front only would be fine since I already have the leather case from Japan. I heard sides and back gets yellowed and comes off in time.

When I had Samsung P2, the paint literally peeled off as I was trying to take them off and realign them. Perhaps too much solutions?? I don't know.. that was my first screen protector so maybe that's why... ever since then I bought about 5 more from eBay and haven't had any problem (non-spray ones).
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

I gained bit more confidence after replacing my cell phone's screen protector that uses liquid. It was bit harder than regular non-liquid protectors because I had to take them off but it worked.. and it looks nice

Thanks for the screen protector!!!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 04-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

I received the spray and applied them today. It was real hard. I reapplied them about five-six times.

One question though. There is no bubbles but it seems like there is bunch of dust-like particles stuck on the sticky side.

Is this something that's gone in few days?

I reapplied them several times to remove this by applying a lot of water-solutions. It looks like it has much less now but I can still see them.

How do I get rid of those?

Edit: Checked the Walkman in the morning. It looks like dust-like particle is much less now. Maybe almost close to little to none. It would be really nice if it's completely gone. It hasn't been 12 hours so I will wait to turn it on till then.

Compared to eBay screen protector, this is much thinner and clearer. When I had eBay protector, it looked like you can notice that it has a screen protector applied but this one is close to not being able to notice.

Last edited by Chocolate Truffle; 04-02-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

Hmmm, yeah the sprays are not as convenient as the new sponges, I first purchased a Zagg shield for my Ipod photo, it came with spray, and was a bit of a bitch, but not as bad as I thought, thing was I had to cut it in a few places, they made 1 protector and it was supposed to protect both the 20/30 and the 40/60 gb models (one size fits all MY ASS!) I have recently installed an invisible shield for my Ipod touch, I had originally ordered a martin fields, but I creased it during installation (leaving a peanut shaped bubble that wouldn't go away, the damn bezel, and the martin fields was not as accurately cut as others I've used) 30$ down the drain.
Anyway, it should get clear, REAL clear, the one on my Itouch is from 2007, and it is clear, you cannot see it, they've improved since the one I used on my Ipod photo, the one I gave you is brand spankin new, bought it from Zagg directly (the Itouch's protector came from Ebay) And if you use a martin fields (if they made one) you WOULDN'T notice you had a protector on at all
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

I turned it on now. It sure feels different when I touch the display. It seems like there is much less dusts but it's still somewhat noticeable when the display is off. I wish I could remove them.

It seems like it's really clearer and looks like there's no protector applied.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Any screen protector that requires fluid simply doesn't work for me. I spent many hours trying to get dusts off but it just makes it look worse each time.

After searching the net, I found Vikuiti brand (3M Scotch). It seems like it looks great. I'll update after I try. No fluid needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vikuiti-screen-p...item27b0686107

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...050-22901.html

Last edited by Chocolate Truffle; 04-08-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

Sorry the Invisible shield didn't work out for you, I'll look into that protector you mention...
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Szadzik Szadzik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75
Default

Vikuiti is complete crap, do not even waste your money buying it.
__________________
Present Rig:
HP IQ830UK, SE X1, Nikon D90; HTX-22HD + SKS-11, Sony X1060, AKG K450, Sennheiser HD555, ATH-ESW9

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
Vikuiti is complete crap, do not even waste your money buying it.
Seems like most reviews posted on the net are pretty good for Vikuiti. I googled Vikuiti and looked up some reviews for their screen protectors and it seemed pretty good.

I'll give it a try since I can't find one that's better at least for now.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

I cancelled my order. Invisible Shield doesn't look bad other than some dusts that are stuck inside honestly.

How is Sony protector that came with silicon case? Does anyone have picture of that without the silicon case?

Would love to see how thin and its visibility when applied to the device. Is it like almost non-noticeable like invisibleShield?
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 PM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

I'll see what I can do, but those cases are discontinued, so you'll have to hunt for one new.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

It's pretty damn clear, If I handed you my X1061 you'd have to look to see it has a protector, it is not as good as Martin fields however, those things are bulletproof!






Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 04-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Chocolate Truffle Chocolate Truffle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Does it need fluid to apply? No right?

Looks pretty good. I was going to get this first but I went with Japanese leather case from eBay which was $50+.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 04-10-2010, 02:19 AM
BattleBrat BattleBrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Old town Pasadena, CA
Posts: 206
Default

No fluid, you just apply it, actually this, and the protector that came with the genuine sony silicone case for my S639 were very easy to install, the fact I didn't use my players AT ALL before I installed them might have helped. I think I paid 20? 15? All I know is that I bought my X1061, a genuine sony wall charger, and the silicone case for 350$
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.