android
Old 03-17-2010, 05:11 AM

Default Adapter? 3.5mm Stereo jack <> iPod emulating socket

I want to connect my MP3 AltPod (Creative Muvo) to my JVC boomblaster (JVC RV-NB20) which has an iPod interface. Whilst the JVC also has an AUX input, by design, it's too insensitive for the small output signal from my player. I'm hoping that the iPod interface, based on different signal criterea, will be designed with less signal attenuation. I guess that JVC's design criteria was based upon historic component stereo AUX level, from CD players and the like, which had a larger amplifier-friendly voltage swing. These low voltage MP3 players, I guess, have a very low power rail which inhibits their output voltage swing. Just being enough for adequate ~15ohm headphone driving.

So, I'm after a cable adapter to connect to the 3.5mm stereo output jack of my AltPod, with the other end of that lead connecting to the amplifier's iPod interface.

I've not found any obvious products despite a reasonable good search. Though the keywords make such a search difficult to hone. In desperation I have bought a couple of cheap iPod extension leads from DealExtreme and I will cut off the iPod end, and, referencing the pin assignments solder-in a 3.5mm stereo jack. I'd rather have been able to buy a pre-made cable though.

Last edited by TimUK; 03-17-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: clarity

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 AM

Fantastic, just what I needed, thanks Andreas.

Tags
adapter, connector, interface, ipod