android
Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Banned

Default New Clip + & Old Fuze

Hello there! I just bought a Sansa Clip+ 8GB and Im having problem or issues with the following unlike my Sansa Fuze 4GB.

1. Cannot play Flac Files
2. Cannot upgrade the firmware at Sansa's website (Stating that its not available)
3. Somehow the volume is to low.
4. What does replygain do to my songs?
5. Im using Window Media Player in uploading songs except for the flac files. Is there any other option that I could see all my songs including the flacs and I could drag and drop it to my clip+ or I have to do it manually?

For the Sansa Fuze: I've downloaded its media converter but I still cant convert any of my pics and videos that Ive downloaded. Is there any other software I could use???

Thanks and Best Regards!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM

If you are not using protected titles, I would save all your files, format and switch to MSC mode and stay with that using windows drag and drop.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1. it might be a model difference, I think.
2. it is already the newest available firmware.
3.you can change the volume settings under system>settings>volume (or something to that effect)
4. it equalizes the volume, but i think you need a computer software as well.
5.MSC mode and do it manually, it's the best option.

Try MediaCoder, it's what I've been using .

Hope this helps

Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
1. it might be a model difference, I think.
2. it is already the newest available firmware.
3.you can change the volume settings under system>settings>volume (or something to that effect)
4. it equalizes the volume, but i think you need a computer software as well.
5.MSC mode and do it manually, it's the best option.

Try MediaCoder, it's what I've been using .

Hope this helps
1. What do you mean by Model Difference?
2. My firmware version is F01.01.05P I believe this is an old one. Thats why I've been trying to download the new one but on the sansa updater menu its showing not available...

Old 03-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenvs7th1 View Post
Hello there! I just bought a Sansa Clip+ 8GB and Im having problem or issues with the following unlike my Sansa Fuze 4GB.

1. Cannot play Flac Files
2. Cannot upgrade the firmware at Sansa's website (Stating that its not available)
3. Somehow the volume is to low.
4. What does replygain do to my songs?
5. Im using Window Media Player in uploading songs except for the flac files. Is there any other option that I could see all my songs including the flacs and I could drag and drop it to my clip+ or I have to do it manually?

For the Sansa Fuze: I've downloaded its media converter but I still cant convert any of my pics and videos that Ive downloaded. Is there any other software I could use???

Thanks and Best Regards!
1. Can't really help you there. Mine played FLAC files fine out the box. I have read about some dodgy "bootleg" FLAC files that wouldn't play on Sansa players. Seems they were poorly reencoded .mp3s with some type of strange header. I would try ripping from CD using EAC or foobar2000 using the latest FLAC encoder. MediaMonkey also rips to FLAC.

2. Don't use the Sansa Updater. It's buggy and eats up system resources running in the background for a task that MAY be needed twice or at most 3 times a year. I would definitely uninstall it. Instead go here and download the newest firmware directly. Download the All Regions version not another copy of the Updater. Follow the directions for a manual install and you should have the newest firmware running in a few minutes.

3. When you choose your region after the firmware update (or at any time) choose US. The EU has volume limiting regulations that take away the "High" settings in your Settings> System Settings Volume menu. That should solve any volume issues.

4. ReplayGain adds tags that will level the volume between various files. Those values have to be added with a external program such as MediaMonkey. Don't know if it works with FLAC files on a Sansa.

5. In MSC mode MediaMonkey will handle FLAC files for your player. If I remember correctly it should also work in MTP mode. The only times I tried MTP mode I was working with .mp3s

6. Try video4fuze for video conversion and picture transfer on your Fuze. The Sansa Media Converter works worse than the Updater. Buggy when it does work and is noted for out of sync conversions.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Banned

Thanks a lot!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenvs7th1 View Post
1. What do you mean by Model Difference?
2. My firmware version is F01.01.05P I believe this is an old one. Thats why I've been trying to download the new one but on the sansa updater menu its showing not available...
I mean maybe it has something to do with the fact there are different versions of the Clip and the Fuze. However, this is a total guess so it's probably wrong.

A better guess would be that the firmware doesn't support, which seems to be the case since you say that you have an older firmware. If Sansa Updater doesn't work, then just download the firmware file, put your Clip into MSC mode and manually update the firmware.