android
Old 03-13-2010, 12:29 PM

Default iRiver P7 went from 1.37 to 1.17 firm

Hi
This is my first post in the mp3 world and especially regarding iriver p7. Today i used the firmare update that comes with the cd. My original firmware was 1.37 so when I update it it went to 1.17 and erased all myfiles including those that comes with the player; So my questions are
1) why I went to 1.17 and what I read from this forum is actually 1.37 or 1.40
2) How can I get all the files that comes with the player when purchased new. Such as the video demo, song, photo, txt. Can any one uplod to rapidshare, megauplod; mediafire those files.
3) How can I add the album covers, because when I add albums the player didnt recognized it.
4) The media converter doesnt work on my vista ultimate 32bits, when I choose a video and hit enter, I got error message from windows and shuts down the converter;
5) Which soft can I use to make conversions and which are the good formats that give good sound and fluent video.

Many Thanks in advance to those who would like to guide me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Ha14,

a) The current firmware is 1.4 but from what I've heard its glitched a bit.

b) Don't know about this.

c and d) Try downloading the Iriver Plus 4 software found here:
http://www.iriver.com/index.asp
And the cover art should be editable under the mp3 file property.

e) I use format factory for my audio and video conversions and it has a huge amount of codecs for conversions and its great quality.

http://www.formatoz.com/

Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM

Hi Redblade20XX
Thanks you for your help and also for mentioning iriver plus 4 download link;
I used some years ago formatfactory and forgot even it existedn thanks for shaking my memories.
For some reasons some of the converted videos dont give a good sound on my p7, so how to really increase with simple way the sound and which configuration you use yourself during video conversion.

Its really annoying because the speaker dont really perform its job on p7, for mp3 files I increase the sound on the pc with mp3gain but for video dont really know how to do it.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Video Settings

I've tried several settings for videos and although the p7 can play HD movies, the audio and video usually ends up out of sync. I believe this is a hardware problem so I lowered my expectations a bit and started to use AVI's in XVID format and it looks pretty good. Usually, I try and find an HD format for the video and then re encode it into AVI so I can really say anything on the audio.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:06 AM

Hi Redblade20XX
I tried format factory but then I switched to PocketDivXEncoder_0.3.96. There is an option to increase in audio but this also implicates in increasing the converted size. It does a nice job.
http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/FR_index.htm

I use convert to pocket pc then I tweak the volum and the brightness, most of the effect I see in audio, but this should be enough for the moment.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redblade20XX View Post
I've tried several settings for videos and although the p7 can play HD movies, the audio and video usually ends up out of sync. I believe this is a hardware problem so I lowered my expectations a bit and started to use AVI's in XVID format and it looks pretty good. Usually, I try and find an HD format for the video and then re encode it into AVI so I can really say anything on the audio.
did you seriously get 720p files to play on the P7. WMV HD or AVI HD?

I know you said they out of sync but I am surprised the P7 even managed to play the HD files.