android
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddykong13 View Post
That's a pretty nice idea there, but yeah it would be very difficult, as it would man having to change the screen orientation midway through the game :/ (Update: i have got the pause working and have started on the colour change, so expect a new version in a couple of hours)
You wouldn't have to change the screen orientation. You could just draw an image on the man 90 degrees turned. I think the accelerometer should still be usable in that state. It'd mean having code for both instances and a boolean to switch between them though. Would mean twice as much code in the app for both angles.

Then there is the question of how the player would react if you flushed the screen buffer, changed orientation and then drew again. It might flicker a bit when switching over but it may work.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 AM

it could work? that would be awesome

Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Cool, yeah i thought about doing that but then the text wouldnt read the correct way when it is turned :/ But the main thing is that i wanted to let everyone know that the new version is up in the first post now. It has a pause button, colour scheme selection, and more realistic physics than the previous version. Please have a play and let me know if you like it, and any improvements!
And thanks to MoePercent for the ball images!
NEW VERSION OUT!
-Pause
-Different colours
-Improved physics
-No more crashing
-Lua (almost)

Last edited by Diddykong13; 03-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Absolutely fantastic update! I have a couple of small suggestions, it'd be nice if the pause icon changed to a play icon when the game is paused, it would also be nice if it remembered which colour you previously selected, so that you don't have to keep selecting your favourite colour each time you play. Finally, I personally think that when you're in a game, the home button should go back to the start screen

Last edited by RobertsAccount; 03-13-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:20 PM

.........amazing.

yeah, pause to play would be good, and colour remembering.

but like i say..... amazing.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Cool, yeah i thought about doing that but then the text wouldnt read the correct way when it is turned :/ But the main thing is that i wanted to let everyone know that the new version is up in the first post now. It has a pause button, colour scheme selection, and more realistic physics than the previous version. Please have a play and let me know if you like it, and any improvements!
And thanks to MoePercent for the ball images!
NEW VERSION OUT!
-Pause
-Different colours
-Improved physics
-No more crashing
Nice! And as for the text, if you do it the first way I suggested it would be a problem indeed. But if the other way works with flushing the buffer and then changing orientation it'd be solved.

As for your new version. It's awesome! I can't manage to really notice any difference with the physics, but I fail too fast right now to really have time to xD

I have one suggestion though apart form those already proposed. In the solitare app Dan uses screen.backlight(100) which prevents the screen from fading out after your set time for backlight. As it is now you regularly have to tap the screen to keep the screen lit to play.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:25 PM

very funny app, made my gf laugh for ages. But im afraid to say the new version just crashed on me, Just after starting a new game it went back to the 'scanning' thing on startup

Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_bracken View Post
very funny app, made my gf laugh for ages. But im afraid to say the new version just crashed on me, Just after starting a new game it went back to the 'scanning' thing on startup
Glad you all like it! I am currently working on the following updates:
-play/pause button change
-saving colour
-screen.backlight(100);

@Habhome the physics arent improved much, but the balls fall at different speeds to each other now, and they speed up slightly as they fall, so not really an improvement i'd expect you to notice it just makes it feel a bit more fluent :P

Also, @matt_bracken do you know what score you got to roughly when it crashed as this may be of help to me when investigating then crashing? Although by the sounds of it, the fact that it happend pretty soon after starting leads me to believe that it was just a fluke crash Has anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks for the support guys, and as always keep the ideas coming :P
-Lua (almost)

Last edited by Diddykong13; 03-14-2010 at 04:56 AM.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:00 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Maybe when you've fixed all the problems and you're happy that this app is complete, you could start making themes for it! For example you could have it so you're in the park, with grass on the floor... Or on the moon, with asteroids falling down instead of balls. Maybe even on the beach, with beach balls falling down!!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Maybe when you've fixed all the problems and you're happy that this app is complete, you could start making themes for it! For example you could have it so you're in the park, with grass on the floor... Or on the moon, with asteroids falling down instead of balls. Maybe even on the beach, with beach balls falling down!!
That is a brilliant idea! I will definately do that! So would you want to have these different themes as like standalone apps or like the colours as a selection in the game?
-Lua (almost)

Old 03-14-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
That is a brilliant idea! I will definately do that! So would you want to have these different themes as like standalone apps or like the colours as a selection in the game?
I'd say as the color select in the game.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Also, @matt_bracken do you know what score you got to roughly when it crashed as this may be of help to me when investigating then crashing? Although by the sounds of it, the fact that it happend pretty soon after starting leads me to believe that it was just a fluke crash Has anyone else experience this problem?
Id ony got to about 5, it was very early on, havent had it crash since tho.
The colour/theme thing would be a great idea. Would it be too difficult to have other non-circular shapes to fall from the top, I have images of cows falling from the top for some reason, must be coz i watched Twister the other day!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_bracken View Post
Id ony got to about 5, it was very early on, havent had it crash since tho.
The colour/theme thing would be a great idea. Would it be too difficult to have other non-circular shapes to fall from the top, I have images of cows falling from the top for some reason, must be coz i watched Twister the other day!
Ah right, thats good then, must've just been a fluke crash No it wouldnt be too difficult to have that as long as i can get the images to be the same size as the current balls then it doesnt mean having to change any serious code
-Lua (almost)

Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I'd say as the color select in the game.
I agree, it would be much more simple!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:57 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

What are everyone's high scores by the way? I've got 91... I just got splatted at 90!! Grr.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
What are everyone's high scores by the way? I've got 91... I just got splatted at 90!! Grr.
i got 97

Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 AM

136!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:51 AM

204 When i have uploaded the final version of the game I will make a highscore board in the first post and keep it updated with everyone's scores
-Lua (almost)

Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM

my highscore is 230

applause please

Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

*Applauding*

Tags
balls, falling, fun, splat, zen