android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman

Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Default Playcount on sony walkman and most played playlist

Just wondering if the sony walkmans (I have an s-639) keep a record of the playcount of tracks, and if so, is it possible to create playlists based on this, such as 'top 25 played', as this is what i am looking to do. I listen to music primarily on my player and not on the pc, so im not interested in synching a playlist of most played tracks to the walkman, rather create a playlist of most played songs from the songs on the player.
Any info is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imy_hashmi View Post
Just wondering if the sony walkmans (I have an s-639) keep a record of the playcount of tracks, and if so, is it possible to create playlists based on this, such as 'top 25 played', as this is what i am looking to do. I listen to music primarily on my player and not on the pc, so im not interested in synching a playlist of most played tracks to the walkman, rather create a playlist of most played songs from the songs on the player.
Any info is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Based on my experience with my three Sony players (an NWZ-A816, NWZ-A818, and an NWZ-E438) and MediaMonkey (a music management program), Sony players don't keep track of playcounts or when the file was last played.

MediaMonkey (MM) does keep track of playcounts and the date the track was last played, but it only applies to tracks I play through MM and not those I play on my Sony player.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro