android
Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 PM

Default Aero VTX Lite

Aero VTX is my "new" mainmenu UCI with many features and good performance.
Well, it's not really new, I'm working on it since June last year. Actually it wasn't even planned to be a UCI - it was just a file where I tested optimization methods and other things.
But now it turned out to become the successor of Aero Ultimate.

This edition of Aero VTX, Aero VTX Lite, is focused on nothing but performance and easy usability.
There will also be a Basic Edition with more features, but still good performance, and a Pro Edition, with lots of features (performance is not important here).

Current version
| v1.0 Beta 1 (03-07-2010)

Download | MediaFire

Screenshots

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Aero VTX Lite Edition | How to use

1 How to install
2 Getting started
3 Edit the desktop
4 Widgets
5 Settings screen

Pt 1 | How to install

1. Download Aero VTX Basic
2. Open the archive with a program like 7-Zip and extract all files into X:\System\Flash UI\.
3. Rename the file mainmenuN.swf to mainmenu1.swf for example. The number depends on which mainmenu AVTX should be.

Note | If your operating system doesn't show file extensions, the filename must be of course without .swf.

Pt 2 | Getting started

When you use AVTX the first time, you'll see the following screen:

The bar at the top is the infobar and shows common information such as time, battery state, bluetooth state and so on.

The free space is the (still empty) desktop. There you can add icons and widgets however you want. Read pt 4 for information about the Desktop Editor.

The bar at the bottom is the menubar. The white little bar is the desktop indicator. By default you have 3 desktops, but you can change this number in the options (1-10).

Aero VTX is separated in three categories:
The left button opens the menu and allows you to change the brightness, volume and bluetooth state quickly and easily. The menu contains also a shutdown, a sleep, a lock button and a shortcut to the options.
Holding this button opens a menu to go to another mainmenu.
The button in the center opens the icon panel. Here you can access every screen. You can hold the icons to open the widgets panel. This panel is only important for the Desktop Editor.
The right button opens the message menu which shows the date and time and whether there is a message (ATM there's only a low-battery message).

Changing the desktop works as usual in Aero: Swipe. You can set in the options whether the desktop moves when you swipe or whether it starts moving when you finished the gesture.

But there are some other gestures: Swipe up/down.
You can swipe down when the menubar is visible to hide it. When you swipe up, the menubar reappers.
If you swipe down when the menubar is invisible, the QuickMenu panel appears. There you can set brightness, volume etc, and access some screens (such as music, videos, pictures, browser...).
When the QuickMenu panel is shown, swipe up to hide it.

Pt 3 | Edit the desktop

Actually there is no real Desktop Editor like Aero Ultimate's one in Aero VTX.
Actually the standard interface and the Desktop Editor are one component now.
Because of this the usability is completely different, but still very easy.

If you want to add icons to your desktop, go to the icon panel. by tapping the button in the center of the menubar.
Then press and hold one of the icons and after a little time of waiting the panel closes and you can drag the icon around. In the background you'll see a grid you can change with the third menu button now. The right button exits the Desktop Editor.
When you now open the icon panel (tap the button in the center) to add another icon, just press the icon and the menu closes immediately. Then drag the icon somewhere.

While dragging an icon, you can also move it to the next or previous desktop or remove it completely. Just drop it over the left/right button to move it to another desktop or drop it over the centered button to remove the icon.

You can add widgets by pressing and holding the centered menu button to open the widget panel. ATM there are only three icons shown. Tap one of the icons and they disappear. Instead, the widgets appears in the center of the screen and the menu buttons change, allowing you to set another theme for the currently shown widget. Press the left/right icon to view the next/previous theme. Press the button in the center to apply the current skin. The menu hides then and the widget appears in the center of the desktop. Now you can drag it around and move it like an icon.
You can also leave this menu without adding the widget to the screen. Just press and hold the centered menu button.

When you're finished, exit the Desktop Editor by tapping the left button.

If you want to (re)move an icon or widget from the desktop, you don't have to enter the icon panel and add another one to the desktop of course.
Just press and hold the icon/widget you want to (re)move and wait until the grid appears and you can drag the icon.

Pt 4 | Widgets

Widgets behave differently than icons.
Basic things of course, like dragging a widget in the Desktop Editor around and launching the editor, works in the same way as icons.

But when you tap a widget, a weird icon appears in its center.
When you tap this icon, the widget changes its theme without launching the Desktop Editor. You can hide this icon by tapping an area of the widget which isn't hidden by the icon and hasn't another action (you can't tap the play/pause button of the music widget for example to hide this icon).

Pt 5 | Settings screen

The settings screen looks quite similar to the one Aero Ultimate has.
But this one is better categorized and you can find settings faster and easier.

General settings

This category contains settings for the desktop, a setting to change the maximum volume limit and some other ones.

As you can see, new in this settings screen is that there is a small description below almost every option.

About the option 'Infobar's visibility':You can set: 'Always visible'
, 'Visible in mode 1', 'Visible in mode 2', 'Invisible'.
'Always visible': The infobar is always shown
'Visible in mode 1': The infobar is shown when the menu bar is visible. As soon as you make the menubar invisible, the infobar disappears as well.
'Visible in mode 2': The infobar is visible when the menubar is not visible. As soon as you swipe up to make the menubar visible, the infobar disappears.
'Invisible': The infobar is never shown.

Icon Recovery

If you miss an icon, you can open this category and reset its position. Then it is accessible in the icon panel.

Message Settings

This category doesn't contain much settings (ATM only one), but in coming versions will be some settings added.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Awesome, im installing it as soon as i get my s9

Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Definitely the successor to aero I've been looking for. Nice work, you're greatly appreciated around here.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 PM

seems cool but i had to remove it because I couldn't get to my claw desktop. There are soo many options with claw's desktop and I'm a newbie to the s9 so maybe it's because I haven't mastered the device yet.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmp3guy View Post
seems cool but i had to remove it because I couldn't get to my claw desktop. There are soo many options with claw's desktop and I'm a newbie to the s9 so maybe it's because I haven't mastered the device yet.
Reread his instructions.

I usually keep a copy of the each installed mainmenu on the S9 with a name something like mainmenu_aerovtx or mainmenu_claws. If I want Claw's as the third mainmenu, I copy mainmenu_claws and rename it as mainmenu3.

I do the same thing for the other screen, except the syntax is different. For Dark eVolution, I name the copy as n_music_DV. Again, if I want it as the music app for the 3rd screen, in this case Claw's, I copy the file and rename it as 3_music.

These files aren't that big, so you don't really take a hit on storage. I do this just in case I want to change things up. This way if you install a UCI you don't like, it's pretty simple to go back or make an adjustment without having to copy files back onto the S9 without risking overwriting something by accident.

I always keep a backup of the Flash UI folder as well. Sometimes the sol files can get corrupt. If you have custom icons, this is definitely helpful as you don't have to reconfigure if something goes wrong.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM

rolo,

Thanks friend, great tip. I actually am a former i.t. manager so I backup everything by habit. I backed up the entire device after I first plugged it in because I've heard the horror stories from people here about corrupted devices. Stuff happens ya know. Anyway, I had actually named dnw's mainmenu to mainmenu3 but it's possible that I don't understand how the desktops work. I thought we were allowed three desktops? Wouldn't three desktops be a mainmenu1 mainmenu2 and mainmenu3 on the actual device in the system\ui file location? Sorry, I don't want to take up this thread with questions so I'll also post them in another location as these are newbie type questions that I'm sure other people have asked already.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Yup 3 different files. I think it's System\Flash UI though.
If you just use mainmenu without the number, any nonspecified UCI slot will be the will use it as a default. I think Claw includes an N that you must change for his mainmenu to work. I think he used to have 3 separate mainmenus, but, to reduce the file size of the upload and download, he just gives you the generic with you can copy and rename to suit your own needs.

For me, I tend to use Claw's as the default and only use a number for all other UCIs. He updates more often than the other guys and his stuff is more comprehensive, so it makes for a simpler upgrade path. Especially if he introduced a new pack as opposed to a normal upgrade. So, you dump the entire pack into the S9 which overwrites all his old files and all the other UCI stuff stay as is. If you do it any other way, you might overwrite something unintended if he releases a new pack.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM

I'm back again beta-ing this one dnw
Loving it, lot more streamlined than G2. Its being a bit laggy at the moment, but thats totally acceptable giving its development stage.
But can you change it so that if I click message it always comes up with the now playing, rather than only if the song is changing?

+ also, i cant see the pictures for your tutorial there. Dont know if its the same for everyone else, but they would probably help the vast majority of people as it isn't the sort of UI that you can look at and instantly know how to navigate

Last edited by gebal; 03-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:40 AM

"Its being a bit laggy at the moment, but thats totally acceptable giving its development stage."

Are you serious?
This UI is way faster than the default one by Cowon (confirmed by all iAudiophile.net users), and you say it's "laggy"?

Do you use Claw's? Well, if so, that's the reason why you're getting lags.

"also, i cant see the pictures for your tutorial there. Dont know if its the same for everyone else, but they would probably help the vast majority of people as it isn't the sort of UI that you can look at and instantly know how to navigate"

My free host account has been deactivated. I haven't noticed it yet, because not even an email was sent to me, that my account got deactivated.

"But can you change it so that if I click message it always comes up with the now playing, rather than only if the song is changing?"

Use the music widget if you always want to see the current tag information.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 PM

The music one was actually a friends suggestion, as he wondered what the use was for it half the time (ie "no messages")

I dont use Claws, and I'm on my cowon now comparing UIs. If I use the widget screen as a reference for cowon's own work (as its the most similar to yours), it certainly loads faster, which is perhaps more what I meant. There isn't lag in the movement or the smoothness of VTX, but its startup is slower than cowon widget, if only on my player. And there is an equal number of the widgets on both, so it should be fairly level.

But its certainly not unbearable, but it is noticable. Just put G2 back on as well to compare, and that also loaded a bit faster. Actually, could it perhaps be a G2 additional flash file (like the settings menu or the icon recovery) that is slowing it down?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM

hey love the Lite version, works great and is pretty fast, was wondering if it was possible if you could include the Calender widget in that you had for Aero G2, I tend to use the Calender and Typist as a planner ^^

Old 03-14-2010, 05:16 AM

gebal: Ah, okay, you meant the startup time. That's, sadly, nothing I can impact in any way.
BTW: You can't compare AVTX with Cowon's widgets screen, because AVTX has a lot more features.

Daikuro: The calendar widget makes everything so slow.. but I'll probably add one in the Basic/Pro Edition.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:16 AM

aero VTX lite v1.0 RC1

Download: MediaFire | MegaUpload

More screenshots

Last edited by dnw; 03-14-2010 at 05:26 AM.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 AM

First ever vid of Aero VTX, just a general overview for now until final release, hope you enjoy. Comment and rate please !

Old 03-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Aero VTX Lite v1.0 is out!!!

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35808

Sorry dnw... couldn't help myself...

Old 03-21-2010, 06:17 AM

i just installed the latest version and it's amazingly smoth!
but how can you change the UCI on the go? There's no "switch uci"-button...

can anyone help?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Hold the button on the left of the bar at the bottom. Easy as that (:

Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM

thank you!
i found out how to do it after reading the iaudiophile forum.
man.... i'd never expected this tiny square to have that function.

@ dnw: nice work! by now i really apreciate the minimalistic style!

Last edited by pete_XCI; 03-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM

I just wanted to post the new release, but then I see this.^^

Thanks for posting it, hany1007.

And thanks that you all like it.