android
Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 AM

I've just checked - my Vorbis tags display perfectly fine on 2.52. I'm using Tag&Rename for tagging, drag'n'drop files over in MSC mode, and I'm using Claw's UI for the music screen. Absolutely no issues with Vorbis comments.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I've just checked - my Vorbis tags display perfectly fine on 2.52. I'm using Tag&Rename for tagging, drag'n'drop files over in MSC mode, and I'm using Claw's UI for the music screen. Absolutely no issues with Vorbis comments.
Is that for ogg files you add to the device after 2.52 or the oggs on the devices before you updated to 2.52? because it reads ogg fine if they were on before updating (maybe a database or cache)

Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM

I have problems with ogg in general, I also use tag & rename but my S9 just ignored every tag.
Well, guess I'll just have to wait untill 2.53.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Default Ogg Tag "Fix"

Only way to "fix" the display of tags in Vorbis files loaded onto the S9 after Firmware 2.52 was installed (at least that I found): Downgrade to 2.51, delete the files from the player using the delete function of the player - do not delete them when accessing the player on the PC. Then load the same files on the player again, and voilą, tags are back.
I guess this works if it's only a few files. For larger numbers it's probably easier to format the player and load the whole bunch again.
When deleting the files using the PC they somehow don't get completely deleted. I've had files suddenly reappear on the player after disconnecting from the PC. Using the delete function of the player seems to really erase them.

Last edited by Olifant; 03-17-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 PM

Of course disclaimer not to downgrade if you got a cowon s9 this month as it should say on the site. "If you purchased COWON S9 after March 2010, install firmware version X.52 or higher only. Downgrading firmware to lower than X.52 may cause damage to your COWON S9."

Old 03-27-2010, 04:30 PM

I think i will have to go back to 2.51 for me 2.52 has rendered my s9 almost useless. It is unusably slow

Old 03-31-2010, 02:34 PM

Well...having a very weird issue i cannot get to the bottom of...

in SYSTEM menu...if i then select HOLD MODE and change it to TOUCHSCREEN ONLY...

It locks the touchscreen correctly, obviously once i slide the button at the bottom of the player to far right...and it does lock only the touchscreen as it should....BUT...if i then want to release the holding mode...by moving fully to the left hand side to reactivate the screen (S9 is set to shut off screen after 5 sec) and remove the lock at the same time...the majority of the time it will NOT remove the lock correctly and so it stays ON and will not activate the player...unless i take my time..ie move the button quite slowly! Yeah....weird....

OK...your all shouting...FAULTY S9...broken slider/button

....here's the best bit!

If i don't set the HOLD MODE to Touchscreen Only...it works FLAWLESSLY....and has done for the past week! ....non stop.

...and yes...turning on the feature will cause the player issues as mentioned..its only since this firmware as well.

I use my S9 about 4-5 hours a day while travelling....so have time to mess about a bit when i'm bored.

So i'm really just posting this as a heads up...just in case (unlikely really) somebody else is having the same issue...and sends it back!

Its just very odd...but i can live with it...i'm hoping the next release may just fix something to do with it

Old 03-31-2010, 04:57 PM

quite odd

Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM

I just bought my s9 about a week ago with 2.51 installed. Seemed to work okay for me, but then I upgraded to 2.52 and now it's buggy. FLAC files don't tag correctly. I just get a bunch of jumbled japanese stuff and none of the songs are organized by artist/album, so it's not just the vorbis. Cowon wants me to send the s9 in for servicing which means I would be weeks without my tunes? No thanks.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 PM

gemini, you can downgrade to 2.51. then wait for 2.53 and if that doesn't do it, send it in.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
gemini, you can downgrade to 2.51.
Be careful with that advice and read about Cowons warning on up-/downgrading firmware with S9's purchased after March 2010. This could damage your player.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 AM

I know about that advice, which said not to downgrade to below 2.51. Besides, that's what came installed so it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
I know about that advice, which said not to downgrade to below 2.51.
That's not true. It says:

Downgrading firmware to lower X.52 may cause damage to your Cowon S9.

Ever thought about the possibility that the stock x.51 might be different to the downloadable version?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 PM

this firmware is pretty buggy for me too. If i have an oversized album art like something in the 2000 pixels range the player will freeze. And some of the album art gets displayed as a green square. Another problem is sometimes when the next song is being played it has the cover art of the previous song. So its back to 2.51 i go.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:09 PM

It's made my album artwork go green, the lower tones in some songs how are reverberating... argh.

Anyone know where I can get 2.5.1? The Cowon site no longer has it...

Old 05-22-2010, 05:13 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?1iwdlm3mzg1

Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Ta muchly, just about to install it

Old 05-29-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauj View Post
Ta muchly, just about to install it
Well the install worked, but much for muchness the same issues persist. I'm going to try to downgrade to the last version I had (1.09 I think...)

Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM

Good day! I have a s9 16gb version. Do i really need to reformat the unit before upgrading or would i just copy the threee files over the old ones in the unit? Thanks!