android
Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM

Default X walkman not enough power!

Hey guys!

First time poster on these forums. I have been lurking around for a few months waiting till i get away from an ipod .

I have just purchased the Sony x-1050 as of yesterday and was really happy with the sound with the stock headphones, much better then my ipod touch and iphone. Only today, i had a listen with my full sized cans ( MS-1 and esw9) and it seems it doesn't have enough power to run both of them which sounds fine out of my ipod. Has anyone else have had problems with this?

I should have brought my headphones along but when listening with the various sony headphones in the store but i assumed it should be fine thinking there cant be much watt difference between the sony and the ipod gah!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

Have you turned on the Dynamic Normalizer?

Old 03-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Have you turned on the Dynamic Normalizer?
Yep its the only option that's turned on. Ill turn it off and see if it makes a difference.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:27 PM

ESW9 do not need an amp, definitely not. You must have done something that made X weaker as it normally is much more powerful than most DAPs on the market.

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website

Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Agreed. It's certainly amongst the loudest of the DAPs I have had or own now.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Are any of you guys using full sized cans with them though? It is plenty loud with the standard in-earphones which sounds much louder then the ipod but with the full sized cans mentioned, its definitely lower then my iphone. Sony at full volume is about 70-80% volume of the iphone. Ill try doing proper comparisons later.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM

your MS-1 is 32 ohms right? I've plugged in my 50 ohms HD 555 on the X series when I demoed it again (yeah I loved it, I just have to demo it twice lol) and I must say It was loud as already.. I think it's louder than my A series (not sure though. Loud store with open headphones is not the best place to demo it) anyways I'm satisfied listening to it at 60 percent volume in the loud store..- I can probably crank it up to 80 percent but that would be to darn loud to my ears