Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
like in the screenshot
Sorry, what screenshot?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM

I imagine putting it next to the total, at the bottom right, would be a good idea. It'll be out of the way but still accessible. You'll also want to ensure that the setting is saved so people who don't wont the sound wont be bugged by it every time they open the app.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Sorry, what screenshot?
In the post where I ask about it I attached a screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrajak View Post
I imagine putting it next to the total, at the bottom right, would be a good idea. It'll be out of the way but still accessible. You'll also want to ensure that the setting is saved so people who don't wont the sound wont be bugged by it every time they open the app.
In the bottom right I right now have an exit button. But I could exchange this for the Mute button and only use the home button as exit. The thing is I have some plans for the home button, but I can use the hold function. I just thought it'd sometimes make people accidentally press quit. But I have a confirmation screen so it shouldn't be a problem...
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM

You could have a button/switch in the main menu, when you select the easy or hard mode, just below those options which toggles the sound on or off. That way it would only appear once in the game and would stay that way until changed again.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
You could have a button/switch in the main menu, when you select the easy or hard mode, just below those options which toggles the sound on or off. That way it would only appear once in the game and would stay that way until changed again.
That would be one way of doing it, but what if somebody changes his mind while playing and want to mute/unmute? But if people think that'd work I can do it like that. It would open up for another feature that just came to mind without me having to introduce a new button in the game.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM

LATEST NEWS
V1.3 released! New settings menu with mute selection! Remembers your choice. Also, new screenshots added.

You access the settings menu in the lower right where the quit button was previously located. Now the app can only be quit via the home button, and I added the confirmation screen to that command. Before it instantly quit if you pressed home.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
That would be one way of doing it, but what if somebody changes his mind while playing and want to mute/unmute? But if people think that'd work I can do it like that. It would open up for another feature that just came to mind without me having to introduce a new button in the game.
I don't imagine anyone being that desperate for sound effects that they couldn't quit a game to turn them on.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I don't imagine anyone being that desperate for sound effects that they couldn't quit a game to turn them on.
I did it another way, but now I realize I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you meant placing the button where I have the "easy" and "hard" option. Which only shows up when you're bankrupt. Which would mean you'd have had to intentionally go bankrupt to change the setting.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I did it another way, but now I realize I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you meant placing the button where I have the "easy" and "hard" option. Which only shows up when you're bankrupt. Which would mean you'd have had to intentionally go bankrupt to change the setting.
Ah my bad, I hadn't actually downloaded the app to check what the main menu/default screen was.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 AM

awesome app btw i hav some suggestion/ notice some bugs:

1) its still vry hard to click on the button

2) can u make the sound only occur wen u click on a button instead of clicking anywhere on the screen

3) add another feedback wen clickin on the buttons other than sound(eg highlighting them wen u click on them)

thx

Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzbm123 View Post
awesome app btw i hav some suggestion/ notice some bugs:

1) its still vry hard to click on the button

2) can u make the sound only occur wen u click on a button instead of clicking anywhere on the screen

3) add another feedback wen clickin on the buttons other than sound(eg highlighting them wen u click on them)

thx
1) Which button are you talking about?

2) Right now there are two different sounds, one for "valid press" and one for "invalid press". The one you hear when you press anywhere on the screen is the invalid one. You think I should only have a sound when you press in a valid spot?

3) I was unsure if this was really necessary since you wouldn't really be able to see the buttons beneath your fingers most of the time. Anything's possible though, so I could perhaps add that in with the next update.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
2) Right now there are two different sounds, one for "valid press" and one for "invalid press". The one you hear when you press anywhere on the screen is the invalid one. You think I should only have a sound when you press in a valid spot?
oh u hav 2 sounds? i nvr realise tat. in tat way jus keep it the way it is. im so sry abt tat......

Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzbm123 View Post
oh u hav 2 sounds? i nvr realise tat. in tat way jus keep it the way it is. im so sry abt tat......
The fact that you never realized may be a pointer to me that the sounds are too similar, at least on low volumes. I'll see how I solve it.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM

LATEST NEWS
  • V2.0 released! Volume control and custom skinning feature added! (See ReadMe for instructions)

Known issues in v2:
May crash if skins are deleted while being active as "current skin" from last shut down, or if not deleted properly.
Volume slider is a bit laggy.
Volume control acts up at times (Seems to be a firmware bug though as the regular one does too at times)

Future improvements:
Prevent the game from crashing from above mentioned scenario, I have some ideas how to make this.
Try and decrease slider lag.

SKINS
Metal - RobertsAccount (Included)

(See first post for download)

Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 AM

sad to say that the new update of ur game crash while i was playing the game n listening to music. new update pls. thank u!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_crystal View Post
sad to say that the new update of ur game crash while i was playing the game n listening to music. new update pls. thank u!
Could you give some more detail on this? What were you doing in the game at the time of crashing? Did you have sounds activated? Were you using headphones? Had you used the in game volume control? Has it happened more than once? All information you can give would be useful.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_crystal View Post
Some bugs are hard to figure out, and just asking for a new update without giving any additional information doesn't sound very nice to me.
I've played it with music on through the speaker, also played around with the volume slider a lot, and even left the game lying on my desk for about 10 minutes and didn't encounter any crash.

I did notice some other things:
The moving of the volume slider works everywhere in the app. Not just when the volume screen is shown. I actually think this is pretty handy, because you don't have to hold the homebutton everytime you want to change the volume, but was this intentional?

I think the whole volume changing idea by holding the menubutton is something every app should have. Because everywhere in the player you can change the volume this way, and when you're playing a game you shouldn't have to quit the game just to change the volume.

Someone said something about a button being hard to press. I think he means the close button on the volume and settings screen, at least that's what I noticed. It can be because of a bad calibrated screen, but when I load a printscreen in Gimp, I see that the quitbtn is shown a little more to the right than it's actually drawn at by the app (which is 194,30,20,20). Gimp shows it at 198,30, so I think a touch.pos of (x>=198) and (x<=218) would fit better. Maybe even 199 and 219.

The sounds are indeed a little hard to distinguish, although there is a noticeble difference. I must also say that miss.wav sounds a little clicky on the player, instead of the clear low beep it does in the simulator. Not sure why that is..
I also sometimes hear a pop when I quit the app, maybe that's because the app closes before the sound is done playing? I put an os.wait(500) before break, and I think that helps.

Really cool that you can change the skins, I'll see if I can find some inspiration to create my own .
Funny prompt by the way when you click "no" after home button press
And you're right, this is addicting

Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
Some bugs are hard to figure out, and just asking for a new update without giving any additional information doesn't sound very nice to me.
I've played it with music on through the speaker, also played around with the volume slider a lot, and even left the game lying on my desk for about 10 minutes and didn't encounter any crash.
I have also tried playing music and doing different stuff and my player did in fact crash the first time after a little while of playing. It was he kind of crash which shuts the entire player down and forces it to scan the disk. The problem though was that after this had happened once I was unable to recreate it in any way. It can have been a firmware flunk due to some buffering error since the entire player died and not only the application itself.
Unless anybody is able to find a way to surely recreate this I'm afraid I can't do anything to try and correct an eventual error.

Quote:
I did notice some other things:
The moving of the volume slider works everywhere in the app. Not just when the volume screen is shown. I actually think this is pretty handy, because you don't have to hold the homebutton everytime you want to change the volume, but was this intentional?
I know exactly why this is and it's a very easy fix. Although it wasn't in any way intentional and I think it should be removed due to it being hard to handle while not seeing the meter itself.

An idea struck me right now, what if I made a function which worked as such that it changed the volume with 1 up or down if you brushed the screen upwards or downwards? Then it could be handled without having to access the volume control slider. I could still keep it though, or transform it to another option, whatever that may be.

Quote:
I think the whole volume changing idea by holding the menubutton is something every app should have. Because everywhere in the player you can change the volume this way, and when you're playing a game you shouldn't have to quit the game just to change the volume.
This is exactly why I implemented it this way in my game ^^
It's a shame the firmware flunks out with volume changing functions so when you go from 14 up to 15 the scale shifts so you on 15 am on maybe 12-13. Nothing I can fix though...

Quote:
Someone said something about a button being hard to press. I think he means the close button on the volume and settings screen, at least that's what I noticed. It can be because of a bad calibrated screen, but when I load a printscreen in Gimp, I see that the quitbtn is shown a little more to the right than it's actually drawn at by the app (which is 194,30,20,20). Gimp shows it at 198,30, so I think a touch.pos of (x>=198) and (x<=218) would fit better. Maybe even 199 and 219.
Hm, Yeah. I had a problem with that button before, especially while having the volume screen up.
I'll look into this, but it may be a badly calibrated screen which is the problem, since it is working just fine for me as it is..

Quote:
The sounds are indeed a little hard to distinguish, although there is a noticeble difference. I must also say that miss.wav sounds a little clicky on the player, instead of the clear low beep it does in the simulator. Not sure why that is..
I also sometimes hear a pop when I quit the app, maybe that's because the app closes before the sound is done playing? I put an os.wait(500) before break, and I think that helps.
Yeah, it does sound clicky on the player, but it doesn't on the computer. So I have no idea how I'm supposed to generate the tone for it to sound as I want on the device itself @.@

Hm, and yeah the pop is probably from the app closing while playing the sound which is played when pressing the "confirm" button. There are two fixes for this, one is simply to add an os.wait as you tried, or I leave out the sound for that press. Although that would also mean it wouldn't play when confirming a surrender, so I'll probably add a wait like you did.

Quote:
Really cool that you can change the skins, I'll see if I can find some inspiration to create my own .
Funny prompt by the way when you click "no" after home button press
And you're right, this is addicting
Hehe, So people do notice my prompt xD
And I made the skinning feature just to practice my programming, though I hope some people will find entertainment in creating skins for it.
If I feel REALLY in the mood for re-coding some day then I may make the skinning feature more advanced allowing for custom colors on background/text and custom placement of buttons and displays. It'd require the skinmaker to make a .lua file with coordinates and sizes and stuff, but it IS possible.

Tags
apps, black jack, game, habhome, x-fi2