android
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Black Jack > Pontoon > normal

I used to play this game alot, the normal vs pontoon thing is very common. Only had blackjack vs pontoon once tho

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzdbbb View Post
Black Jack > Pontoon > normal

I used to play this game alot, the normal vs pontoon thing is very common. Only had blackjack vs pontoon once tho
Ok, I guessed they were in that order. I meant if there were any special deal with the betting. Like Normal = x2 (like regular win), Pantoon = x3 and Black Jack = x4, or something like that.

Also, if you get 21 on the initial deal, should the dealer reveal his hidden card or do you automatically win?
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 03-09-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 AM

Ok, I have decided to release my current game as a BETA. (See first post for download)
The issue of winning with Black Jack, Pantoon and so is not yet fixed, this will be in V1.0
The BETA does check for aces, but there is a bug making it still not count as a 1 when it should, I'm looking into it and will fix before V1.0
You can get negative cash since the app doesn't let you lose and reset when going "bankrupt", this will be in V1.0

Enjoy this BETA and please point out if there are other things that need my attention before V1.0 is released.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Sorry for the three posts in a row, but I wanted to bump this thread as V1 is now out.

LATEST NEWS:
V1.0 released! I have not implemented rules for Pontoon and such as bzdbbb mentioned, as those rules are specific for the UK. My app follows the rules in the link. There are no split or double features though, and there is still one known issue to be resolved in a bugfix.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Thx for the new version. though i found out tat the heading/title on the top of the game is "Black Jack BETA" n not "Black Jack V1.0". Im very sure i downloaded the new version. in fact i tried deleting and redownload it twice but still the same results. This is givin me some confusion

Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzbm123 View Post
Thx for the new version. though i found out tat the heading/title on the top of the game is "Black Jack BETA" n not "Black Jack V1.0". Im very sure i downloaded the new version. in fact i tried deleting and redownload it twice but still the same results. This is givin me some confusion
Oh yeah, I noticed this myself today when I started it on my X-fi2, I simply forgot to change the Heading for V1.0 I'll fix it after lunch.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM

WOW!
This game is really great, I play very often.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeniwan View Post
WOW!
This game is really great, I play very often.
I'm glad you like it. If you ever find anything that may be improved with the app, don't hesitate to suggest it here.

And also for you others; V1.1 is out! Featuring difficulty settings, restart after you go bankrupt and correct header in the game

Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Featuring difficulty settings, restart after you go bankrupt and correct header in the game
This game is extremely addicting, I'm currently alternating between this and Falling Balls constantly! Very nice app, hope it does justice for you in your school work!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
This game is extremely addicting, I'm currently alternating between this and Falling Balls constantly! Very nice app, hope it does justice for you in your school work!
Glad you like it ^^ If you ever stumble across something which needs change, don't hesitate to tell me.
Also, feel free to post a vid of this on ZENisCreative on YT. Preferably a taped one so you can see where you press. =P

And I'm thinking about adding sounds for button presses and such, is this something you'd want or would it be disturbing if you listened to music at the same time? I'm open for brainstorming about new features ^^

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Also, feel free to post a vid of this on ZENisCreative on YT. Preferably a taped one
Sure thing! I'll hopefully get round to that a bit later!

Quote:
And I'm thinking about adding sounds for button presses and such
That would be great! Maybe a soft beep... Nothing too annoying, like the beep for the ZEN X-Fi2, that would get on my nerves if I actually had that turned on!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Just made the video! http://www.youtu.be/TsyPF6UPZrk

Old 03-11-2010, 05:12 PM

Nice vid ^^ A bit of a shame you had trouble with the interface in the beginning =P Makes the player look more unresponsive than it is.

V1.2 is now up with sound! Give feedback on this new addition.

The next version will feature the ability to mute the sound generated by the app.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM

Amazing game!! also, just found ur wee hidden message lol made me laugh haha

Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 AM

I find when I play this game after a while of play the zen crashes and i have to reboot. Is this just me?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmm View Post
I find when I play this game after a while of play the zen crashes and i have to reboot. Is this just me?
Hmm, I've never encountered this. For how long have you played when it happens?
Try the usual reloading of firmware and disc clean up as suggested in his thread: How to fix most problems with your X-Fi2

Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Um,in this release and if i have raised it before, i can't get to lower my bet (although it still allows me to play). I think this didn't happen in the earlier version. Also it would be cool to have a no sound option.
Great game!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiva76 View Post
Um,in this release and if i have raised it before, i can't get to lower my bet (although it still allows me to play). I think this didn't happen in the earlier version. Also it would be cool to have a no sound option.
Great game!
Hmm, I've never encountered this problem. Could you try and recreate the bug and tell me step by step what you did when it happened?

And I will implement a mute option in version 1.3, I'm just busy with some other school work at the moment.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiva76 View Post
Great game!
Took a quick peek at the code today and there was indeed a bug in V1.2. It is fixed now in V1.2.1.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 PM

I've added a mute button, but I'm not sure where I should place it.

It may get a bit tight if I put it like in the screenshot, but I would be able to use it. Any ideas where I may place it? Or should I just keep it here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mute.jpg (29.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Habhome; 03-15-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Forgot screenshot...

Tags
apps, black jack, game, habhome, x-fi2