android
Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 AM

Default How do you carry your D2+ w/ you?

hi,

i'm really considering to buy this player but still having second thoughts about it, simply because of its seemingly one disadvantage- that is, the comfort factor being dragged down because of its thickness.

i'm a commuter and i normally place my player inside my pocket or bag (and then placing it on my lap) when riding public transport vehicles. now, considering the thickness of d2+, i might find it uncomfy when carried along with me. i'm really having a hard time choosing between the d2+ and iAudio 9 (just because of the comfort factor).

to give me an idea about this issue, i would like to ask d2+ owners out there. while listening, how do you guys carry your d2+?

thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 AM

Over the ears ... down under/behind my chin ... up over my right shoulder ... round the back of my neck ... down into top-left breast pocket. Ideal cable length for this is a little over 1m.

Alternatively, just down to a loose side pocket - though definitely not the preferred option.

I actually prefer the smaller cross-section/thicker form factor to the larger cross-section/thinner type. I imagine it would protect the cable jack a little more, and actually require less room overall. I can't see the thickness being a real problem, unless you're into really tight trousers. I would see the larger "footprint" of players such as the S9 / iTouch as a potentially bigger issue in this respect.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 PM

i'm not really into tight trousers. mine are either regular or slim fit, but still, the thickness of d2+ might be a bit uncomfy with these types of trousers

anyway, still looking for other suggestions on how to deal with the uncomfy feeling that d2+ might give thanks for the reply IanD.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 PM

Something I've done myself and always recommend, goofy as it may seem, it to make a cardboard model. When I did this for my e200, I just cut out two pieces of cardboard the dimensions of the player when viewed from top, and then sandwiched in spacers to get the thickness. Alternatively you could just find a similarly sized rock

Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM

@ultrauber
i actually thought of doing that

Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Erm, I just dump it inside my front pants pocket together with my phone. D2+ is quite durable, can stand some abuse. I take a lot better care of my IEMs though

Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 AM

@xinz
does it make you uncomfy to put something as thick as that inside your pocket?
btw, i see that you're from singapore. how much does the d2+ cost there?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Actually no. You see I put my phone and D2+ in my front left pocket, and my wallet in my front right pocket. I have no problem with my wallet so don't even say a D2+ lolx
Another good point about the thickness is when I put it in my pocket with my phone, i put them side by side. The thickness prevents my phone and D2+ from "jumping" around

I got mine locally for SGD340, which is around USD244 I think. Its not cheap so I'm wondering why you asked

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Doesn't anybody wear a belt? It I walk around with my XM Radio on a belt clip...from the dimensions, I figure some players, like the D2 (with a slight modification to the belt clip) would fit in nicely.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 PM

I use a silicone case that has two slots for the belt. It serves a double function: protects my D2 if it falls to the ground and allows me to use it on my belt. The downside of the silicone case is that it adds even more thickness to an already thick player. I wish the D2 add the thickness of an iPod nano. It would be an (almost) perfect player for me.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 AM

Thumb Up On a neck-loop/lanyard

Around your neck works a treat for me.

No broken screen worries from pocket crush etc. Never dropped. Defeats pick-pockets.

At purchase with Sure SEXXX, you get an extension with built-in sound control and a right-angled plug that makes perfect combo with the neck loop/lanyard and exterior switches set to pause / jump next forward / jump back; you don't need to look to operate this way... one handed blind operation. Don't even need to orientate the player first as it always hangs the same way up!

Lanyard attaches to the same “ring” as the touchscreen-pointer/pen does.

Feed headphone cord through lanyard then you've no danger of losing the headphones... or the player cause if the buds are in-ear and the lanyard should break (never happened) you'll notice when the buds are ripped from your ears!

If required this setup can fit, still on loop, in top shirt/jacket pocket. Also hidden this way to discourage muggers that use public transport to spot victims’.

In an Armadillo D2 leather case. (At least I think that's what I brought?)

With Sure SE420 I find that the buds protrude less from ears if the wire goes over the ears first?

NB: the durability of the Sure headphones impresses me too; they've outlasted all the (lanyard) brands I have used with my D2 combined and with SQ to die for (if the fit is right)!

In summary use your head m8 (at least use the bit of your body that holds your head up!)