android
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM

Default Is it worth it upgrading from D2+ to S9?

I currently have a Cowon D2 flashed to D2+ and i am wondering if there is a sound quality improvement moving from D2+ to S9. I am also currently using UE TF10 IEM.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2010, 09:07 PM

I think this will vary depending on your personal preferences. But in general, probably no improvement in SQ. I believe the S9 has quite a few more choices in BBE and other JetAudio setttings, but, these include a few gimmicky ones. My computer has this stuff, too. Really, what good is a setting that sounds like you're in a huge echo chamber?

What you do get are things like gapless for mp3 and flac. If you listen to entire albums, especially live recordings, this is especially nice. The screen is also bigger, so UCIs that you can download are much better than what you can get on a D2. My brother has D2, and the only thing I think that is cooler on the D2 is the customizable splash screen when you boot up. He can change the default with an animated gif. This isn't possible with the S9. With things going 16:9 in video, the screen dimension ratio is nice to have. The screen size also lets you view more content when browsing. The physical size of the player is also slimmer than the D2. Now where near as chunky. It's also very light.

So, if you're just in it of SQ, you might want to just stick with what you have. But, if you are looking for an upgraded model with that Cowon sound that you know and love, there is a lot to offer in the S9.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 AM

couldnt have said it better