android
Old 02-21-2010, 07:55 AM

Help Q2: album art with ogg?

Hi,

anyone succeeded using album art in ogg vorbis on the Q2? I just tried easytag to put the pic into the file, the player says, the file is not supported then....

Cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't have many ogg vorbis files anymore, but I do have one album with art. I'll try to add it to my Q2 later today and see if the art shows up.(right now I am listening to a podcast on it).

I think the album I originally ripped with MediaMonkey, which would have added the tags and art.....so later today I'll post back and let you know if the art displays.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, the art shows up on MediaMonkey, but not on the Q2. Not exactly sure why.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:54 AM

Seems that album art is not supported in Q1/Q2 for .ogg files. I tested Flac, MP3 and OGG with album art, and only ogg didn't show the art.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivija View Post
Seems that album art is not supported in Q1/Q2 for .ogg files. I tested Flac, MP3 and OGG with album art, and only ogg didn't show the art.
You have FLACs with embedded cover art?

How did you dom this??

Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Sorry for the late answer. Yes I embedded cover art to FLAC files with MP3tag. I used 350x350 cover images.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:11 AM

Could you sent me one FLAC file that has embedded cover art?

scorefande<AT>yahoo.de

I'll try to find out why this doesn't work with my files.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 AM

No portable player supports embedded Vorbis album art. There hasn't been a defined standard for embedding JPEGs in Vorbis Comments for the longest time. There is even only one software player I know of that displays Vorbis embedded art - Foobar2000, that's how rare the whole thing is. Marvin says MediaMonkey does too, never tried that one - Winamp sure doesn't display it.

FLAC uses the same comment/tag structure as Vorbis, but its standard for embedding album art has been defined contrary to Vorbis, and works on pretty much every decent player, hardware or software. I'm using Tag&Rename to embed FLAC album art, and it works perfectly fine on every player.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 AM

Winamp does display embedded FLAC acover arts, foobar2000, Mediamonkey ans almost every other too.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:07 AM

That's what I said. Read my post again.

But it doesn't display embedded Vorbis art.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 PM

If you use ogg-vorbis files and want album art, you must often rely on an external cover image file on the same directory.
I don't know if you can associate images using MTP when syncing ogg files as you can do with mp3/aac files without embedding the graphics into the tags. I haven't read anybody doing it and I don't have a ogg enabled player to test this.