android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Why the Next Gen Zune Needs to Also be the Xbox Portable

One interesting thing Microsoft has done in the past year is integrate all of their products together. Microsoft has even merged their Zune, Xbox and Windows Phone team together into one team. With this I believe Microsoft should make the next gen Zune a Xbox portable.

If you look at the gaming industry, Microsoft is the only major player that doesn't have a portable device. It would make sense that sooner or later that Microsoft would attempt to create a portable gaming console that is also a Zune media player. Microsoft already has a lot of industry supports in the gaming business so games shouldn't be a problem for them. I just feel that sooner or later Microsoft will attempt to create a portable gaming console and it is not like they are a new force in the business. Everyone already knows the Xbox name and Microsoft will be able to sell these much more than the Zune. If they are able to keep the Zune experience, then I see no reason why they shouldn't make an Xbox portable.

As I see now, if Windows Phone 7 does well in sales, the Zune will catch on and more Zune will be sold. However, if Microsoft also attach the Xbox name to it, there will be even more sales. And as everyone knows, the PSP Go was more or less a flop so I don't see the PSP as a real threat.

So I believe Microsoft next generation Zune should also be the Xbox portable. This along with the Windows Phone OS will create the ultimate mobile experience IMO. The only downside is that this will most likely be expensive. And if I was Microsoft, I make a Microsoft branded "Zune Phone" that is also an Xbox portable. Now that would be awesome.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]