android
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM

Default FM Radio Volume Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
  • Volume level/scale: same as the old Clip v1, the volume levels are too loud on the lowest setting (especially the FM radio, which is insanely loud on vol. 1), and the whole volume scale isn't very well weighted.
Feel free to add your suggestions to this list. Of course, it would also be nice to see the requests for the old Clip implemented in the Clip+ as well.
Got an email from Sansa Tech Support today, they have offered to replace my Sansa Clip+ to fix the FM radio volume issue. Will replacing Clip+ fix the problem?

PS: I've already posted this issue on Sansa Forums.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2010, 04:37 AM

I don't think getting a new player will fix your problem - they're made that way, and they would need a firmware update that fixes this issue.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Default FM Radio Issue

(xxxxxxxxxxxx 02/17/2010 10:55 AM

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk RMA support. The replacement product that would be sent to you would be a brand new product and there would be no issues with the replacement player.

For further queries you can give us a call on 1-866-726-3475 and choose option 6 for RMA department.

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Best Regards,
xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx
SanDisk RMA Support

Customer (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) 02/17/2010 09:30 AM
Hi,

I want to make sure that you understand the problem with my Sansa Clip+ is that FM Radio volume is too high even on the lowest setting. I hope you understand that this problem is not specific to my Clip+, all Clip+ owners are facing the same issue. This issue has been reported on Sansa and non-Sansa community forums as a firmware issue. Before I mail my 20 days old Sansa Clip+ I want to make sure that you understand all of above and the
replacement Sansa that you will mail me will actually fix this FM Radio issue?

Please confirm...!
Regards,
-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM

That's a standardized answer by a bot, they obviously didn't even read your mail. Guess that's normal helpdesk tactics in these here days of outsourcing.

Wonder if you get an answer by a human next time.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 AM

You can always sent your new clip+ to me

(Damn, good headphones are expensive ...)

Is this a firmware are a hardware issue?

I hope it can be fixed, otherwise the fm fuction is useless on my new headphones

The clip+ looks very nice, but now I see drawbacks

Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 AM

It's a firmware issue that could be easily fixed. Same issue already existed on the old v1 Clip, and they indeed fixed it in a firmware update.

The Clip+ is an excellent player. Like every other player ever made it has it pros and cons - nothing ever is perfect. Read here to get an overview of what people want changed/improved: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48354

Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Until SanDisk fixes this issue (if it does), easy and cheap to attach a cable extender with volume control to your phones--or get a FiiO E5 as a nice remote volume control and amp that you can clip to your clothing, keeping the Clip in your pocket.