android
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Default HELP! Totally Bricked P7

Ok i have totally goosed my player, it doesnt come on, it isnt detected as a drive anymore.
If i hold the power button and plug it into the pc , it appears as a single blank drive (have to hold the button or it vanishes), i have tried to use the rk27** restore tool but it wont restore from a P7K.RKW at all.
I have also tried putting the partition opener and the P7K.RKW onto the drive - again no luck, nothing happens as i cant switch it on. The Iriver plus and firmware updaters dont detect it as a P7 ,just a drive.

Do i need to copy Setup.RKW to the drive, its mentioned on MP4nation.

Please help i cant be bothered returning it to Germany!

Last edited by doomlordis; 02-17-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Really sorry about that.
It seems you deleted all the files from the hidden partition or after opening the partition you formated it....
Anyway.
Did you install the driver for a rockchip-based player as instructed on mp4nation?
Yes, it is needed. Do it the way it's said there.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:32 AM

Nope its goosed i think. I have installed the rk2708 inf but when i connect nothing, if i hold the power button in and run the restore tool , it starts to restore from the P7U.rkw but someway through i get the new hardware wizard, then the player vanishes before i can install the driver.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:57 AM

I guess, you installed the driver first by right clicking rockusb27.inf and choosing install. and then the system installed the driver.
Then you connected the player with the power button being pressed. You may also try to hold the reset button for 20 sec while connected.
And then you will be able to see the hidden partition, on which you need to copy setup.rkw.
Do you have icq and team viewer?
BTW, did you follow the instructions from here?:
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewt...hp?f=43&t=8488
or from here?
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewt...hp?f=69&t=8083

Last edited by Dennis Hawks; 02-18-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hawks View Post
Really sorry about that.
It seems you deleted all the files from the hidden partition or after opening the partition you formated it....
Hello
I have the same problem. I can access hidden partition but there is nothing there, I think i have formated it. Does enybody know what system files apart from 4 firmware folders should be there. As I have tried to copy extracted firmware ie those 4 folders with files, the player try to boot, I can see iriver startup screen then it turns red an stays like that. Anybody could help?
Thanks

Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 AM

Ok so i figured out how i could bring it back to live but I am missing the sytem files from hidden partition. Could any owner of p7 help me out with those files. I have extracted the p7u.hex with FWunband_ENG.exe an I've got four folders APPDATA, RESOURCE, SYSTEM, SYSTEM00 around 22mb in total. I am sure the files on hidden partition with those 4 folders are around 60-70mb.
Could anybody access the hidden partition with RKLDSET.FLW file and copy those system files please. I know it is a lot to ask, i would be very gratefull, please pm me.
You can follow the instructions from here
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52303
and here is RKLDSET.FLW file http://hotfile.com/dl/104905847/bb73...LDSET.zip.html

Last edited by baczek; 02-15-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM

To access the hidden partion
copy RKLDSET.FLW file to the root of your p7 drive
safely extract the player unplug
when you plug it back you will see 2 drives the small one 90 mb is the hidden partition, when you access it there will be some folder and files, copy them
don't forget delete RKLDSET.FLW file to hide the partition

Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 AM

Anyone ? Looks like nobody comes here anymore....