android
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM

One more thing, when the entered text gets to the end of the screen, it ought to scroll left so you can see what is being typed. Alternatively, make the keys smaller and allow two or three lines for text entry. I like the idea of the big keys and large type, but even my poor eyesight could cope with a few points smaller font.

Although I am suggesting various "improvements" which would maybe only benefit me personally, I think it is fine as it is. When I use it as it's meant to be used, rather than rapidly and haphazardly typing garbage in, it doesn't seem to lock up. So a thumbs up from me, and thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolrik View Post
Hehe, seems we like opposite things. The swiping is wrong for me but I can get on with the keyboard, although the pause is doing my 'ead in, and as for looks, I like simple. Probably why I use the Simplicity UI.
Not exactly opposite. I prefer simple main menu themes as well, I use Minimal UI =) (Not sure if it's been posted on this forum) I'm only saying, there's simple and there's meager.

Also, another remark. Could you perhaps, when you want to edit a long phrase, make it so you can tap in between letters or can you at least put a button to move the cursor left and right.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM

swiping / scrolling
swiping left to go forward is like grabbing the calander and moving it leftward, just the same way you scroll your music on the cowon. you "grab" things and move them. when you want to look down lower on your music list, you grab and drag (swipe) the list upward.

in fact "scrolling up" actually means to move your view of a page DOWN, because you're moving the "scroll" upward, hence scroll up. that's always confused me and everyone seems to have a different idea of what scrolling up/down means.

lock ups
I've gotten it to lock up a few times as well. the times when the pause button gets you out is probably some error in coding, but when you have to reset the cowon, I think it's just beacause cowon's flash itself is buggy because I've had the same thing happen with lots of other SWFs. there are a lot of features of flash that the cowon doesn't support, like certain sound and mic features, or even "components" just plain don't work.

saves to wrong wrong date
that's weird. I'll look into it. I've never had it happen.

layout & look
I like the layout of the calendar and probably will not change it. as for some sort of SKIN, well I'm no artist. if someone else wants to create graphics for the buttons or whatnot, I'll throw it on.

keyboard
I know the text area on the keyboard screen doesn't scroll, I considered it a minor problem since most of the stuff I enter is short. I'll fix it eventually. as for "tappign between letters," thats going to take some thinkin. I want this feature, too, but it might take serious overhaul of the keyboard code.

I'll redesing the keyboard's layout in time.

thanks for the feedback so far

Last edited by caibbor; 02-22-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 PM

Can you use it without killing the music?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:18 AM

you can try using the app in "launcher mode" with claw's UI. I haven't tried it yet personally though.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 AM

I'll have to cehck out Claw's UI to see how he did that... hopefully he distributed source code.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM

New Version 1.0.2

* changed interface, calendar is larger. (not final)
* new keyboard layout
* bug fixes
Attached Files
File Type: zip cal-v1.0.2.zip (42.4 KB, 289 views)

Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 PM

what, no comments on the new keyboard? :-)

Old 02-26-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caibbor View Post
what, no comments on the new keyboard? :-)
I love it!!!
A few threads before you wrote "compatible with data from the previous release".
Does it mean there is a way to ex-&import my entries?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM

I like the new keyboard. It is a lot more familiar ;p Thanks for changing it.
In another keyboard that someone made, there was a button with an up arrow. It makes the next letter you type capital, but reverts back to smaller case automatically after. I found it extremely useful. Do you think you can squeeze that in somewhere?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:33 AM

Default Nice App.

This is the first app. I load into my S9. Thanks, it seems to work great.

Now if I could get the thing to Beep!

Anyone know of a Bluetooth speaker the size of a stamp?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM

hey. you included the .fla file. does this mean that we can.. somewhat edit it?

i know the OP said that "This app is released under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License version 2.0", but i'm wondering if i have permission to edit something and then post it here

Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 PM

you can edit the program all you want, as long as you include source code if you distribute it (even if you didn't change anything) and keep it under the same license, that cannot be changed. and of course include the name of any authors (currently just myself) that have contributed in a text file or something.

If you just want to add a feature or fix a bug, you should just send me the changed code and I might merge it :P

Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Thanks a lot for this caibbor, I'm sure it will come in handy.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 PM

I just dl'd 1.0.2 not sure if its just me, but purge isnt working, and when I delete a date, it deletes it then sends me to the previous month

Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM

which flash would I have to use to edit it? It doesn't work in Flash 8 for me. I just want to rotate it so that it's vertical. That way, I can open it with Claw's launcher mode and have it not interrupt my music.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM

i have a bug i think...every time i enter info on the last week of a month (ie on the edge of the screen) once i hit done, it takes me back to the current month and then immediately it reverts to the same month but for 2009...

Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 AM

Good piece of work, man! Nicest organiser available yet!

It works well under Claw's UCI (last version). Launch it as "flash browser", otherwise it will load rotated :-(

but...
No [Close] button? Oh, sorry, it can be closed like any flash file, via play/pause hard button. Kewl!... But, still, me thinks a [Close] button it will protect the hardware.
Edit> Maybe a pop-up message in foreground will do better, instead of a fixed area in the footer of screen for displaying tasks.

Last edited by a:bye; 03-11-2010 at 01:57 AM. Reason: ideea

Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 PM

can you please give me some pointers? i love the swiping action incorporated into the calendar. i was looking at your fla file and i dont know how you did it...i see only 10 layers (1-9 and 17) and i am trying to figure it out for a custom theme i am in the process of creating. if you could give me any tips i would appreciate it.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 AM

unfortunately I won't be makign any more changes to this as I was using a trial of Adobe Flash CS4 (thats what you can use to edit these .FLA files) and the trial period is up. CS4 is real expensive.

I'd *like* to keep working on these, but it's not going to happen any time soon if ever. I'd love to see other flash developers building upon my work.

the swipe feature is easy - basically when you touch the screen that's a mouse down event. and when you release it's a mouse up event. so you just take the mouse coordinates from both of those events, subtract mouseUpCoords.x from mouseDownCoords.x and .y from .y, and there you have two numbers representing which direction you swiped, and how far the swipe went.