android
Old 02-16-2010, 05:11 AM

Default Clip+ time?

So i've had mine sansa clip+ for two weeks now and i've got used to it. It's a great player it has great sound quality and i use it with Fiio e5 + Hifi man Re2 or Koss porta pro. The clip itself is great then mountain-biking thoe it ain't top notch quality. Since i go to music school for ten years already i can't wear a wrist watch while at it because it's not comfortable to play with, still i always have the cliip+ with me but i actually have to got to settings-> system settings -> date and time to view it . Is were a shorter way of doing that? Or will i have to wait for rockbox?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 AM

Unfortunately no, they only implemented the clock for DRM-crippled subscription music, not for user convenience. People have been wanting a real clock since the old Clip, but Sandisk never gave us one. With Rockbox on my v1 Clip I have a real clock now... I hope Rockbox for the Clip+ isn't too far off.

By the way, are you sure you don't make the sound of the Clip actually worse by using the FiiO amp? I very much doubt it improves the RE2 in any way (can't say about the Portapro, but probably it makes them louder).

Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 AM

The clock is also used for naming recorded files (voice/FM Radio). Also the naming of the files seems a little inconvenient for organization purposes b/c the "date" on the file name is by Month/Day/Year, instead of Year/Month/Day (which is then followed by the time the recording started in 24/Military time). For example "021510-232813.wav"

Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Unfortunately no, they only implemented the clock for DRM-crippled subscription music, not for user convenience. People have been wanting a real clock since the old Clip, but Sandisk never gave us one. With Rockbox on my v1 Clip I have a real clock now... I hope Rockbox for the Clip+ isn't too far off.

By the way, are you sure you don't make the sound of the Clip actually worse by using the FiiO amp? I very much doubt it improves the RE2 in any way (can't say about the Portapro, but probably it makes them louder).
Yes, porta pros is a bit too much for clip+ to handle alone (60ohm what were they thinking ~25 years ago? ). What i like about fiio e5 is that it makes RE2 sound a bit warmer , other than that i haven't noticed any change in SQ.
P.S. I wish clip+ had a clip like fiio e5 does, it seems a lot more durable...