android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 02-13-2010, 08:26 PM

Default Help!! Zune software not recognizing Zune HD [SOLVED]

I just got my 16 gb Zune HD today but when i tried to sync it with the software (which I installed 3 days ago) the little button on the bottom left of the software kept saying "Zune not connected". ALthough, my computer recognized the zune when i would connect it the sound would go off and the same for when i disconnected it. I tried restarting the computer, unintalling and reinstalling the software, restarting the device, i unistalled and reinstalled the device, I tried ALL of the usb ports on the computer several times. I feel like i have exhausted all options please if anyone has any suggestions let me know. At this point my Zune HD is pretty much useless because i can't update the firmware on the device to make it useable and i dont think there is a manual way to way to install it but if there is please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by Machiventa; 02-15-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2010, 09:12 PM

Have you tried another computer? Try turning off your security software and trying again. Also, check Windows Update.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 PM

The first time you connect the Zune it will take a long time. Mine took at least five minutes to fully recognize. Just let it sit there for a while.

One way to check if the Zune is paired with the PC properly is to plug the Zune in and wait for the Zune program to start up. Zune software by default will autoboot when a Zune is plugged in. If the program boots, give it a minute and the transparent icon should turn opaque and you should be good to go.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the replies guys but unfortunatly its still not synced. I updated my computer until there was an update possible. I plugged the device in and the software did start automatically and the Zune HD read "connected" on the screen. I let it sit for hours and nothing happened but i know the device is connected correctly i think its just a problem with the software. so today i'm going to try another computer and hope that works.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:38 PM

I used a different computer and that solved everything i can't put the zune down now!

Old 02-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Awesome! Fixed the title.