Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Default Just Received My Clip+

Yes, I just received my clip+. Can't tell you guys how happy I am to see it. I just opened the the box and the freaking clear box inside is sealed up. I thought you can just open it easily. Anyway, I turned it on and the first thing I did was to check out the fw which is v01.01.05A. Should I go ahead and upgrade the fw or just stick with this one?

I haven't put music on it so I can't tell about its sound quality just yet.
Although I can tell you guys that I'm glad I bought this player for 2 reasons.
First, the player is very small (which is something I've been looking for) and well built. Even though it was made of plastic but it doesn't look or feel cheap when you hold it. Also, the plastic doesn't make any creaky noise, very well built. As you guys already read the review of the clip+ and many of you actually own one, I guess you already know the build quality and everything.
Second are the tactile buttons. I love the tactile buttons, it makes me feel like I'm actually pressing something and it's there instead of having to fiddle with the touchscreen like my freaking Cowon D2. I just realized that I'm more of a tactile buttons person than touch screen when it comes to mp3 players. Which means the Sony A847 is going to be my next main player instead of the Cowon S9.

I'm going to charge it for a little bit and test out its sq. I'm going to order the Hippo VB right after all that.

I have a questions regarding the rhapsody CDrom that comes with this. Do you have to use that to get all the features of the clip+? Also, between rhapsody and emusic which is a better site for music?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]