android
  #1  
Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 AM
caibbor caibbor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Default Any other Developers out there?

I've been playing with flash and making apps for the S9. I've got a lot of apps I'd like to make, and I've already got some work done on them, though I've hit a wall.

I can't find any documentation about developing on the S9. is there any?

the S9 is very finicky about it's flash apps, sometimes it wont even load them, others times it stops working in the middle of using one, and sometimes it just freezes before the app even opens.

has anyone else here had the same problem and found a work-around?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
caibbor caibbor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Default

figured it out, you should use MC's instead of buttons. apparently buttons are resource hogs.

I've nearly got a to-do list app finished with a GREAT typign interface (thing cellphone texting with a qwerty layout, with LARGE buttons)

the only problem is, I can't get the cowon to store any data. I've tried sharedObjects but they're finicky at best.

Really, is there anyone else out there programming for this thing?
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
caibbor caibbor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Default

dev docs:

COWON S9_FS Command
http://content.wuala.com/contents/Co...uide_1.0EN.pdf

COWON S9 Flash UCI(User Creative Interface) Instruction
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...uide_1.1EN.pdf
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
caibbor caibbor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Default

I've been trying to use build-int fscommands of the S9 to save data, but it just doesn't seem to work, even though I'm using the exact code from the PDF. I've tried variations of it, just in case there was a mistake in the PDF, but still it never seems to work. all variabled end up as unassigned.

Code:
    var saveData1:String;    var readData1:String;    var saveData2:String;
    var readData2:String;    var saveData3:String;    var readData3:String;
    var saveData4:String;    var readData4:String;    var saveData5:String;
    var readData5:String;    var saveData6:String;    var readData6:String;
    var saveData7:String;    var readData7:String;    var saveData8:String;
    var readData8:String;    var ret:Number;

    saveData1 = "test1";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", "1", saveData1);
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", "1", readData1);
    todo1.text=readData;
    
// this block is correct according to the PDF, and the rest are incorrect. still none of them work.
    saveData2 = "test2";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", "2", saveData2);
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", "2", "readData2");
    todo2.text=readData;
    
    saveData3 = "test3";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", "3", "saveData3");
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", "3", readData3);
    todo3.text=readData;
    
    saveData4 = "test4";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", "4", "saveData4");
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", "4", "readData4");
    todo4.text=readData;
    
    saveData5 = "test5";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", 5, saveData5);
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", 5, readData5);
    todo5.text=readData;
    
    saveData6 = "test6";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", 6, saveData6);
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", 6, "readDat6");
    todo6.text=readData;
    
    saveData7 = "test7";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", 7, "saveData7");
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", 7, readData7);
    todo7.text=readData;
    
    saveData8 = "test8";
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetString", 8, "saveData8");
    ret = ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrGetString", 8, "readData8");
    todo8.text=readData;
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
caibbor caibbor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Default

well turns out sharedObjects DO work, I just forgot to flush (lol)

Code:
    todo_so = SharedObject.getLocal("todo_list");
    todo_so.data.tester="testerrr";
    todo_so.flush();
    asd=todo_so.data.tester;
    todo1.text = asd;
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Teslawill Teslawill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Where can we find your apps?
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Considering this thread is one and a half years old and Caibbor hasn't been logged in to the forums for half a year, I doubt there's any completed apps to download anywhere.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.