android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 PM

Default What case,card reader,usb charger u recommend 4 clip+? Yes I've seen the old threads.

I've seen what ebay, dealextreme, newegg, and amazon have to offer and some of their respective reviews. Yet not all of them do they mention how well each thing works like if the case blocks the micro slot or too tight for the clip+. Like for the card readers some mention how fast and some don't and there are so many can't read all reviews or just google best product. As for usb charger I think I'm set on this one http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...ger-review.php unless something came out more recent or works just as well.

I just ordered the 8gb clip+ from amazon for 61.82 with shipping on amazon prime and this lexar 16gb sdhc for 40.99 w/ shipping ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027VT6SW/ref=oss_product because of the advice given here http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...card,2143.html and it was pretty cheap. I should be getting the clip on tuesday but won't get the card for god knows how long with standard shipping.

These glorious headphones shures440's is what I'll be using, if you have any others that are not studio headphones or high quality I recommend you pick up your first pair of "real headphones" just 88$ after extensive research I have found these are the best bang for buck and will compete with pretty much all high quality like grados, bose, and sennheiser.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Professi...5602608&sr=8-1

Anyways I find these forums very informative, I just hope the Clip+ won't fail on me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

DLO has a nice case for the Clip+, with all-around protection and cushioning; it also looks nice, in my opinion. All buttons are available through the case and it has a microSD card slot cutout, as well as for the headphone and USB ports.

Available at Best Buy. Unfortunately, it costs more than it should--try for a deal somewhere, such as ebay.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:55 PM

wow, 24gb of storage on a a sansa clip! what a dream!

Old 02-16-2010, 05:30 PM

I don't use a case, so I can't offer you a suggestion. However, I'm using the same configuration (8+16), and it works great.

Remember, unless you insist on using MTP to manage your music library, go under the Settings menu and change the USB mode to MSC. This will treat the device as two drives, and you can just copy your music over without hassles.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 AM

As for card readers, I highly recommend this Kingston microSD reader: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/658398-REG

It's about as small as a microSD reader could possibly be.

Btw, the card you said you bought is an SD card, not microSD. The Clip+ has a microSD slot.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 AM

When I got my clip from Amazon, they had a nice package deal for case and both auto and wall plug charger. The case is a simple rubber thing that prevents scratching and I suppose some minimal protection if you drop it. All controls are available with case on.