android
Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Default Pong

Current Version: 1.4
Known Errors: Can crash if music is playing while the app is running..
Suggestions: Squash Mode - see what your maximum pong speed is :P

Pong is.. well if you don't know then you've been living under a rock. Play against the zen and try to be the first to 10 points. Features real direction based motion and retro minimilist graphics. Adaptive AI difficulty, will always challange your pong abilities. Your paddle moves towards where your finger is.

New in version 1.4: Hugely improved responsiveness and EVEN EVEN LESS LAG!! :P (with help from cilmaviel)

Notes: Make sure you put ALL of the lua files in the folder. If at first you think it's too easy/hard don't worry it'll soon adjust itself. If you don't want your stats to be reset in this update then do not copy the files a to f.lua into the app file :P

Screenshot:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pong.zip (19.6 KB, 748 views)

Last edited by RobertsAccount; 02-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 AM

Just a note on the crashes many say they're experiencing. With the v1.4 I can't remember mine having crashed more than once. I spent my time yesterday playing Pong in the car during a long trip, and even with music it never crashed. I wonder what the difference is between the players it crashes on and the ones it doesn't.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 PM

On the topic of the random crashes:

I couldn't get through a single game before. I randomly decided to try formatting (not just cleaning up) my player to see if it would help. Now I can't get it to crash anymore.

Anybody who's having troubles with this game crashing, I know it might suck to clear everything off your Zen, but it seems that's the fix. At least for me it is. :P

If someone else who had trouble tries this, please post to confirm whether it works for you or not.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM

hey! it's possible to apply the movement of the pad in the touch version of batbatwall to pong? in this way the game could be faster...

Old 02-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les23 View Post
hey! it's possible to apply the movement of the pad in the touch version of batbatwall to pong? in this way the game could be faster...
It would, but it is like this to increase the difficulty of the game and make you plan ahead.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 AM

use this script to make a airhockey game?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

that would be possible yes but there are other variables in airhockey that are not in pong ie: how hard you hit the puck varrys how fast the puck goes

also the computer would be a bit more tricky since now it would have 4 possible directions to go and not just 2