android
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_k View Post
When the 15 year old kid in question makes a career of talking down to his elders, then I'd say your point is... say, what IS your point?

Watching that kid swing his richard around this forum is sort of like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. Sad, but hard to peel one's eyes from the ongoing tragedy.
Ignore him then if he hurts your feelings of righteousness...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

I've clearly got a lot of posts to catch up on. Keep the pot-shots for private messages. Right now I'm working on deleting posts, but anymore off-topic replies or pot-shots will result in more than just a deleted post.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM

OK,
Official word from Zune.
It was not a computer glitch, it was not sloppy code, it was not a mistake.

It was intentional.

This is from the director of Social Marketing for the MS Zune team.

Absolutely Unbelievable.
==================================================
Hey Jeff,

I contacted the Zune Marketplace team and this song was intended to be on the playlist. This playlist is comprised of the top played songs on Zune, which is why that song made it to the list. It has received a lot of plays by our users. It is by comedian Jack Black's two-man band Tenacious D and because of its explicit content the playlist was flagged as such under the playlist info.
==================================================

First off, the playlist was not tagged explicit when I subscribed to it. That was done ONLY after I complained.

There was NO notification to subscribers that the playlist was changing from no rating to an explicit rating.

Zune will not remove the song from the playlist.

My Zune Pass will expire without renewal.

This is crazy.

Go ahead and take pot shots at me if you like, but I find the response from Zune and MS totally unacceptable.

All the speculation and Zune Apologetics displayed in this thread have been for nothing. As BJ DeHut mentioned in his response to me, it was supposed to be there.

What's next Zune, "I Love Satan" in the contemporary Christian music section because it gets played a lot?

Give me a f'ing break.

Amazing.

Bye Zune Pass.

Jeff

Old 02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Buddy

EDIT: Jeff actually sent me a private mail, so we're good here.

I'm not familiar with a "Director of Social Marketing" - Jeff, can you shoot me a private note (aussie@zune.net) with the contact you were engaged with so I can circle back on this?

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited by DaveMac-MS; 02-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
EDIT: Jeff actually sent me a private mail, so we're good here.

I'm not familiar with a "Director of Social Marketing" - Jeff, can you shoot me a private note (aussie@zune.net) with the contact you were engaged with so I can circle back on this?

Cheers, Dave.
Dave,
It's really not a big deal. It seems this is the way the program team wants to handle it.

You seem like a good guy and I appreciate you both looking into this and for participating on the board here.

We're good.

Zune Pass and I are parting company when my current month runs out, but you're OK in my book. Paying good money to be offended and then have someone on the program team say it was supposed to be there combined with the "sorry about your luck" attitude has left me ice cold on the Zune pass thing.

I just don't think what happened is right, aparently they think it's OK. Just a matter of differing opinions and what I choose to listen to. I seriously doubt if the people who are running that show have much of an idea of who is the target market for some of the genre's of music for which they have programmed picks.

It's all cool with you Dave. The other guys on the Zune team, not so much.
Jeff

Last edited by jeffnles1; 02-18-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Zune Moderator

The fact that the rating of a playlist had to change at all is a problem. I don't get why when I personally listen to Christian music all month my picks turn out to be songs with swear words.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruleworld View Post
The fact that the rating of a playlist had to change at all is a problem. I don't get why when I personally listen to Christian music all month my picks turn out to be songs with swear words.
Well, do you really think all Christians don't swear? What makes Christian-musicians different from any other musician? I personally don't like other people choosing music that they think I might like, which is why I've never used anything like channels.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Well, do you really think all Christians don't swear? What makes Christian-musicians different from any other musician? I personally don't like other people choosing music that they think I might like, which is why I've never used anything like channels.
Well I am a Christian musician and am at praise band practice now. I showed the song in my collection to my bandmates and they were as surprised as I was that microsoft would allow and in fact condone this.

Last edited by Cruleworld; 02-18-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Zune Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
No I know that for a fact all "Christians" do not keep their language clean.

What makes a Christian musician different is their choose to write their music in a way that is pleasing to the lord. It may be a worship song or just the fact it is not all about drugs and sex.

I have no problem with secular music as long as it does not include any swearing or bad content. For an example a song about taking a girl out back and messing around with her would not be in my collection. However a song about missing my girl friend because she makes me who I am would be fine.

That is a choice each person can make on their own whether to use channels or not. I personally have not used them because they aren't accurate. I go with stuff from Pandora & My friends recommend. Or stuff that is on the albums of artists I have liked in the past.

Each person's way of finding music for themselves is going to be as different as the way they sleep. I personally feel the thread has run its course so I'll close it before it goes any further.

Closed Thread