android
Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 AM

Default Zune Color

I am planning on buying a zune, what color you guys think i should get? im going for 32 gig and i dont really like the silver, so im going to buy it directly from zune.com. The colors are:

Silver
Black
Red
Blue
Green
Purple
Magenta

I am considering black mostly, but red looks interesting and is going to be a lot more rare (not that zune is pretty rare in the common setting anyway). Id get blue if it were not so... "girly" blue lol. Please dont comment unless you have seen the colors on the site yourself. If you have seen a color other than black and silver in real life please comment about it and if it looks different than site shows.

Id like to know if you guys think i should get black or red, and if the color you would choose is different than those 2 give me that opinion as well.

Something to help me choose and add a little discussion. Thanks for any constructive input!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 AM

I was in the same boat as you when I wanted to buy my ZuneHD. However I ended up going through BestBuy, mainly because of the extended warranty (Black Tie Protection or w/e).

Btw, I'm quite happy I ended up going through a retailer because I ended up exchanging mine three time because they had some physical defects, some smaller than others, one example was: on one of them, the small front panel underneath the home button was loose, and probably would of fallen off completely with time (after pressing it down it would stay in place, but by the next day it popped back up).

Anyways don't mean to scare you or anything, just something to think about!

I would of chosen Black btw! (I recommend going to a retailer and looking at the Black Zune HD model if possible, they have them at BestBuy)

Oh, and if I got it online I probably would of gotten the Nvidia Design, since it looks cool and it's 1 cent vs the $15 the others cost.

-Gods

Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The basic ones are have been marked down now and are less expensive than the Zune Original color versions. Save some money and get the black or silver.

Last edited by Olley; 02-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:20 AM

I'd rather have a black Zune HD, but I like the higher capacity, so I am OK with my silver one. I have dealt with the issue my getting a black Incipio Edge case. I too bought locally rather than going online.

Had I bought from Zune Originals, I would've gone black. I originally wanted the blue, but I too disliked the shade of blue that the Zune team went with.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 AM

i have both a blue and a green zune hd in my household, and the blue is not a girly blue btw! i can post pictures soon if you want.

and if you were going to choose between red or black, go for red! less typical/boring!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Black, as you'll probably have it snuggled inside a case 99% of the time anyways. Plus, as mentioned, the basic silver & black is seeing a price drop on the net ATM - take advantage while you can.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM

I dont know for sure but I didn't go official because they charged tax, maybe because Microsoft is in my state. If they didn't charge me tax I would have bought the custom one. Afterwards I went to buy.com to get a tax free one

Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedona View Post
i have both a blue and a green zune hd in my household, and the blue is not a girly blue btw! i can post pictures soon if you want.

and if you were going to choose between red or black, go for red! less typical/boring!

pictures off the net of a red and a purple zune hd.

red: http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...D/IMG_1061.jpg

purple: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jillian...7622930058955/

Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Don't buy silver its a bland color since I have it. I wish I would have gotten red, blue or black. Maybe when Zune HD v.2 comes out I'll get it.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

doesn't really matter what color if you're gonna get a case... or maybe cut a giant hole in the back of the case to show the engraving if you have one

Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM

Black looks pretty slick, but now I wish I could have gotten Magenta (I REALLY like purple). I suppose black makes the HD look more uniform, in a fashion.