android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Well, Marvin, I can confirm 2 things:

1. A case nicely goes further out than the slight extra that the microSD card does, providing protection from any jostling (although, having said that, my microSD card only stuck out a tiny bit).

2. The spring for the card is pretty extreme--in checking things out just now and taking the card out of the Clip+, my card zinged out of the Clip+, hit a wall 4-5 feet away, bounced against the wall and flew off somewhere that I can't determine; I am now microSD card-less.

Very saddening, although funny in a sad kinda way--I feel like I was just in a very animated cartoon ...
Sorry to hear that man.....hope you find it!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Yes, on my Clip+ the card sticks out a tiny bit.

I have a Kingston 8 GB class 4 micro SDHC, a Kingston 4 GB class 4 micro SDHC, and a Sandisk 4 GB class 4 micro SDHC card. I resisted buying a 16 GB card since I really don't need that much storage now, and was waiting for the 16 GB class 4 or class 6 cards to drop in price. When they get to under $30 I may buy one. I have had no problems with the Kingston cards. One thing though. The 8 GB Kingston class 4 card came without a case but with adapters. I have enough adapters, but would have like a case with it(what does a typical plastic SDHC card case cost to make? Is it around 5 cents?).
Why wait for a class 4? If you have an adaptor, then you can put the card into a card reader to load the music......you don't need more than class 2 for audio playback.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM

If you have an adaptor, then you can put the card into a card reader to load the music.

I played around with this the other day. I can load via drag and drop to the card with an adaptor, and I can sync playlists via WMP. What I couldn't do was sync playlists to it that would then work in the player, as playlists. The music was all there - the playlists weren't. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible? It will only sync playlists-which-work if done while the card's actually in the Clip.

I know many you prefer drag and drop, but it won't work for me - too many reformats, too much music that would need finding and reloading, too many single tracks off miscellaneous albums ...

It would really suit me to avoid plugging the player in and load direct from the adaptor, as much as possible. In fact it would save me several hours waiting per week.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara View Post
If you have an adaptor, then you can put the card into a card reader to load the music.

I played around with this the other day. I can load via drag and drop to the card with an adaptor, and I can sync playlists via WMP. What I couldn't do was sync playlists to it that would then work in the player, as playlists. The music was all there - the playlists weren't. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible? It will only sync playlists-which-work if done while the card's actually in the Clip.

I know many you prefer drag and drop, but it won't work for me - too many reformats, too much music that would need finding and reloading, too many single tracks off miscellaneous albums ...

It would really suit me to avoid plugging the player in and load direct from the adaptor, as much as possible. In fact it would save me several hours waiting per week.
I don't drag and drop (I always use MediaMonkey), but I don't use playlists, either.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 AM

Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sorry to hear that man.....hope you find it!
No luck--it's a goner (I'm sure it'll reappear 2-3 years from now ...). Sigh--but at least I've learned to cover the slot when ejecting.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Class 4 cards can be loaded much faster than class 2. This is especially important for larger sized cards. While class 6 is even faster, class 6 cards seem to be much more expensive.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned

I have a 16Gb in an adaptor. Presently I use it for Xvid files.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Class 4 cards can be loaded much faster than class 2. This is especially important for larger sized cards. While class 6 is even faster, class 6 cards seem to be much more expensive.
If you're loading in a card reader, then I can't see why that is worth paying more for, to be honest. Maybe with a 32GB card I could see it, though.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 PM

16gb Danelec
16gb Sandisk
8gb Trancend
4gb Kingston
1gb Kingston
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 PM

adub, that's quite a collection! as for the springiness thing, I've noticed the same thing, but I didn't lose mine. I have an 8gb sandisk class 2. just in reserve, though, because I only have about 5.5gb of music.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 PM

I use the 1gb in my phone, 4gb in my camera w/ adapter, and the 2x 16gb and the 8gb are full of music.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM

I wound up getting a good deal on two 8gb Transcend cards from Amazon. Very happy with them so far. Load times are great and I seem to have similar refresh db times as mentioned earlier in the thread, around 2-2.5 minutes when near full.

One quibble I have is that it seems that the clip doesn't store my ratings for songs on a card once it has been removed. Anyone else experience this?

Also (and there's probably another thread in which to voice this concern but...) I wish it were possible to add songs to the golist from folder view. Very minor though

Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 AM

I'm surprised at the problems some have of the microsd card coming out of the clip+, i have never once had it come out when i didn't want it to.

As for your ratings not being saved, i believe the ratings are saved on the tag.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think you have to be in MTP mode for the ratings to be saved, don't you?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM

Hi everyone, I recently bought a clip+ and I was looking to buy a MicroSD card. Can anyone confirm the card usage/less battery info that someone posted before?

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that Class ratings specify the "minimum" speeds, and for most cases you'll see speeds much higher than the minimum. My Class 2 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC card gets well over the minimum 2MB/s when transferring files (mine is typically 5-7MB/s).

Another thing you should always keep in-mind when deciding on card class is this: the maximum speed the MicroSDHC bus can sustain is 10MB/s. Since the typical transfer speed is much higher than the minimum rated, there's really no point in buying anything over Class 4.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey DeafultUser: Agree with you completely - your speed experience jives with my own on my Sandisk and Kingston cards, though to be honest I hardly pay attention that closely very often.

And I also agree with your assessment of the Class 4 cards offering more throughput than is needed/available on the bus at present, certainly more than enough IMo for most consumer users. But 10MB/s would be more than enough for me! ;-)

cheers!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-14-2010, 05:35 PM

I just got a 32g micro sd card off of ebay. Pretty sure its not legit but it is meant to be a sandisk one. Just started using it. seems to work fine, and im still getting pretty good boot times with only 5 minutes for the first boot.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansgoingcrazy View Post
I just got a 32g micro sd card off of ebay. Pretty sure its not legit but it is meant to be a sandisk one. Just started using it. seems to work fine, and im still getting pretty good boot times with only 5 minutes for the first boot.
Heh - if it fills up to the fulll capacity and isn't a re-badged lower capacity card, then it sounds plenty legit to me. Sandisk is definitely first to the party, so who knows - you might have a good one.