android
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Cowon S9 last.fm guide?

Okay, so I've seen a few people on last.fm talking about how they scrobble using the Cowon S9 in MTP mode. To be honest, sure, MTP mode kinda sucks, but it doesn't really matter to me all that much. If I can get scrobbles working, I'll be happy. However, I can't seem to be able to figure this out :/
Zenses 0.2 finds the tracks fine, it seems to scrobble successfully, but the tracks never appear on my profile (and yes, the time on Zenses was set to the current time, long after the previous scrobble on last.fm)
Zenses 2 seems to hang during scrobbling, if I close it and reopen it, it tells me that 50 or so tracks have been scrobbled, but again, nothing shows up on my profile. Again, time was set to waaay after the previous scrobble on my profile.
QTScrobbler just doesn't work, I get an error about how there's nothing to scrobble.

Halp? Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 PM

This was quite a big issue for me as well. I use zenses 2 beta 2 so here's what i do

don't run a media program (e.g. mediamonkey)

Open zenses 2, wait until it stops saying loading in the corner and has authenticated.

Plug in s9 and then find devices ; add tracks.

When all are in select scrobble.

If there is an error then go to window>preferences
change the time to either 5, 15, or 30 (makes no difference really)

Then rescrobble.

If still doesn't work wait till next day. Try and have a large gap from your last last.fm scrobble (through any player) and you can close zenses and your unscrobbled tracks will come up again next time.

I get a few issues and have some workarounds so pm me for any more specific issues or check the guide here somewhere.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Still not working :[
Nothing shows up in my profile after scrobbling.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 AM

Damn not much i can see unless you haven't ticked the boxes.

Sorry, but here's a link to the abi zenses forums.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...play.php?f=137
I can't think of any other way the problem could be occuring unless your profile information is wrong.

And i do feel your pain i really do, this issue early on for me nearly made me want an ipod again.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:09 PM

Got it to work.
What you have to do is copy all your songs over to the player in MTP mode, otherwise the player does not record the duration of the songs and they are not scrobble-able. After that, you need QTScrobbler Version 0.11, you can find it here: http://www.last.fm/group/QTScrobbler...43047/_/598317

Then, connect your S9 to the computer and click the Open MTP Device in QTScrobbler:

A list of your played tracks should show up... it may take a long time, be very patient.:

Then, you'll have to fill out your last.fm information, if you haven't already. Press the global button on the top left, and click settings. Click the Sites tab, and on the last.fm tab, fill out your account info. Then, press Apply and close the window.

After that, press the Submit button:

QTScrobbler will submit your tracks, and they should show up on your profile, assuming you haven't listened to any songs after listening to the ones on your Cowon S9:

Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Holy cow! I had totally dismissed the idea of scrobbling from my S9, but now... YES!

I tried Zenses back in the early days with my Creative Zen Vision:M, but didn't like the experience and gave up.

I will be giving this a whirl when I get home!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Beremat, were your songs scrobbled in the same order as you listened to them? Because I did a "test" scrobble and they appeared on my profile in reverse order... I have to look at it more closely but anyway I'm curious if anyone has the same problem?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM

When I used Zenses to scrobble my ZVM many moons ago (back in 2006 I think) the tracks were all over the place and nothing was in order.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Beremat: Your method worked but now I can't see any albumart though it's fully tagged when I check on the pc =s

Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Sorry for not responding earlier, I've been pretty busy with school.

1) No, the songs seemed to be in random order, but now that I look at it, it's possibly in reverse.

2) In order to get album art working in MTP mode, instead of embedding the album art into the files as tags, I places a cover.jpg in the same folder as the songs. It seems to work flawlessly.