android
Old 02-10-2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Storing short URLs would be a bad idea. Suppose the short URL service that's chosen shuts down after sometime, then what happens? You'll be stuck with a bunch of invalid URLs & will have to fix all of them. So better to store full URLs to original source.
I agree. And besides, it won't make such a contribution to the space-consumption anyway.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Storing short URLs would be a bad idea. Suppose the short URL service that's chosen shuts down after sometime, then what happens? You'll be stuck with a bunch of invalid URLs & will have to fix all of them. So better to store full URLs to original source.
yeah, that just a if-you-really-are-crazy-enough-you-can-last-resort-to-this option.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
yeah, that just a if-you-really-are-crazy-enough-you-can-last-resort-to-this option.
actually a crazy person wouldn't do this either; a mis-informed person who doesn't know databases might but then that won't make the person crazy, now would it!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Just to keep those interested as to what's happening and why I "disappeared"......

NO, I haven't given up on this project. I had to "get out of town" and won't be home until late Feb or early March. Have almost no time available while on the road.

Will get started again, as soon as I get back. Any good entries in the database will be preserved thru additional development/changes don't worry about losing anything, should you enter more.

Thanks to all

Boo

Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM

So that's it? I was anticipating this with excitement. A repository for EVERY UCI (especially the more unpopular ones) would be great.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 AM

Oh. I didn't look and thought this was new. Would be a nice thing to have because finding all the parts to put together into my own customisation is just too much work and I tend to misplace stuff I download once it's in the player.

...And isn't it time for the big second wave of S9 interest soon?