android
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 AM

Default where can i find wallpapers on my S9

Bit of problem here, but I suspect it can be easily sorted by someone in the know. Last night I put a few pictures on my S9 using the jetaudio media centre. I accidentally dropped the folder of pictures in the cowon root folder (bottom left section of media centre screen), so I deleted the folder from there and put it into the pictures folder.
Anyway, after viewing the pics on the cowon, I decided that they weren't good enough quality and I didnt want them on my S9 after all. So back to media centre and deleted the folder.
Today I turned on my cowon and although I didnt set any of the rubbish pics to be a wallpaper, one of them was my wallpaper. I have now set to NO wallpaper, just to get rid of it, but am wondering why the pic is still there even though I deleted it.
I have had a look for it through windows as well as using jetaudio centre, but I can't see it anywhere. Any ideas or help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 AM

For reference: just drag and drop images over in Windows Explorer in future, that's way less hassle than using that silly Jetaudio app.

The wallpaper is stored in cryptic form ("USER.WIF") in the S9's system folder. Even if you delete the original image from the S9 it's still there.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Yes, I most certainly will do that in future dfkt, thanks. But I still want to know where this picture is hiding

Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM

I edited my post above while you posted yours.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Ah I see . So the only way to get rid of it, would be a user reset?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 AM

You can simply delete the USER.WIF file - or choose not to use a wallpaper in the system>display settings.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Ok. thanks dfkt. Just out of interest, is the USER.WIF file my preferences and settings? And to delete this would take me back to factory (presumably whilst leaving the music and videos I have intact)?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM

No, that's just the wallpaper. If you're not comfortable with deleting it, simply choose another wallpaper, or disable wallpapers altogether in the system>display settings.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out dfkt. Much appreciated.