android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Default Which earphone would you recommend (€ 100) ?

Hi there!

Sorry in bothering you with this thread, but I simply can't choose one earbud!

My Sony MDR EX51 and my Sansa Clip always made me happy, but I think that it's time to give one more step forward, regardind earphones.

I read lots of reviews about Sennheiser (especially CX series), Ultimate Ears, Shure, Head Direct, Sony, Creative...

The problem is that I didn't have the opportunity to listen some music in these earbuds, thus I'm really lost in this universe of multiple options.

I'm a musician and my favorite kind of music is Jazz, Folk, Blues, Prog Rock, Classical Music, Funky...I always listen to some Pink Floyd and Shostakovich to test the sound quality of headphones, speakers.

Could someone please help me to see the light in the darkness of my dubiety? I'm ready to spend at most € 100.

And one more time, sorry in bother you, I imagine that are dozens of topics with the same subject.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Please, have a look at these models.

Do you think they are the real ones ?

It's quite cheap compared with local shops.

http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7862150
http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7857757
http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7852388
http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7869377
http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7842056
http://miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=7797526

Someone could please help me?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

Be wary of buying Sennheisers online - from what I can read the site looks Ok, but there are lots of fakes out there.

I'd recommend Sennheiser over Creative, or you might want to look at Sony EX500s - these are good for the money.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 PM

thanks for the help man, but i'm not interested in Sony right now.

What about CX-400 II, CX-200 II and CX-350 II from Sennheiser, or the Klipsch Image S2 ??

Could someone please help me between these earbuds?

Last edited by Someciencia; 02-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 AM

For your budget I think you can get much better than those senns.

Try to give a look this forum. It has a lot of good info.

P.S - Português?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 AM

Brasileiro, but living in Portugal till Feb 16!

So, the problem is that I probably will buy them at some shop, like Media Markt, Worten, Pixmania, etc. I don't have enough time to wait for the order (I think), and regarding the CX series, as far as I know, probably isn't a good idea buy them through internet (miau, olx, ebay ...)

Thanks for the help!

PS: Where can I get some eartips? I lost the eartips of my MDR EX51, and I can't find it on shops.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM

The problem in Portugal is that audio material is very expensive when bought in a regular store.

For example, I bought my Denon C551 in Fnac store for 79€! (yes I really regret that)

Can't you order stuff online in Brazil? If not, and if you really need some decent earphones I would advise you to visit those stores, make a list of phones you like and then do a little search on the web comparing reviews and prices.

Thank god internet exists!

Old 02-06-2010, 03:46 PM

I'm actually surprised no one mentioned the RE0, it seems to be the general opinion that they are great for their price (79 $USD) and blow a lot of higher end IEMs away in terms of sound.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovesky View Post
The problem in Portugal is that audio material is very expensive when bought in a regular store.

For example, I bought my Denon C551 in Fnac store for 79€! (yes I really regret that)

Can't you order stuff online in Brazil? If not, and if you really need some decent earphones I would advise you to visit those stores, make a list of phones you like and then do a little search on the web comparing reviews and prices.

Thank god internet exists!
That's what I did. And finally I got the CX-200 II. I found the Shure IE6, but man, it was € 136 at Fnac!!!

Meanwhile, the CX-200 was the chosen one for the job.

I'm pretty impressed with them. Very comfortable, very good bass for cheap and little earphones, good clarity. Lack just a little in mid range, but pretty impressive generally speaking. And is possible to get some mid freq. with the EQ set of Sansa Clip.

My girlfriend bought the MDR-EX38, which is very good for her, you know, and the difference if compared to CX-200 II is obvious.

I tested them with Esperanza Spalding, Brahms and Gregory Hoskins. Man, the bass in Esperanza album is too funky! Hot Damn! Very clean, deep, fat, warm and live. I paid € 30 for them, pricey indeed, but definitively they are the real ones! Congratulations for Sennheiser!

*The only thing that really bother me is the noise of wire touching the cloth!

I will continue my search for the perfect earbud, in the mean while, I will enjoy some music!

Thanks for your comments guys!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM

About those microphonics, if you put the cable over your ear they will virtually disappear.