android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Default Questions about flash drives and specifically the S9

Hi,

I've got a 32gig S9 on the way (literally being delivered in a truck) and I've got a few questions to help me prepare files before it gets here.

-After the flash drive is formatted, does it lose some disc space? Like how an 80gig harddrive is actually 74gigs after. (I guess it must, so my real question is how much space is left over for music and movies?)

-Does a full flash drive have problems like a full harddrive? That is, will I have to leave 3 gigs of empty space so that it'll run smoothly?

-Is defragging a flash drive okay? I know that defragging an ipod can be a bad idea since it'll heat the device up a lot, but considering flash is solid state? This is important since because of the limited space I will probably be switching music in and out, and I don't want wasted space because my drive is fragmented (ie if I can't defrag, I'll have to be very careful how I go about this).

-How long does the battery take to charge in a USB? I've heard Cowon products don't package a wall outlet. Will it drain power while I'm transferring files (should I worry about waiting for it to charge a little before I make a big transfer?)

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]