android
Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Sansa Speaker Dock vs Atec Lansing IM510

Sandisk Sansa Speaker Dock for e100 & m200 Players vs Altec Lansing IM510 Speaker System for e200 and c200 Players

I currently own the Sansa m240 player and I'm looking for a speaker system. Does anyone have any experience with these two speaker systems? The Sansa speaker dock is designed for the mSeries and will play using the AC cord saving the batteries of the m240. The IM510 is designed for the eSeries & cSeries for docking & recharging purposes but will also work with the mSeries through an attachment (battery power only).

But in terms of the sound, which one is better? I will use it for my office desk. Costs... Sansa Speaker Dock around $55...IM510 $99 at Best Buy.

Or is there a better speaker sytem for the m240 in the general price range.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know either of those speaker docks; however, personally I do not like buying accessories that only work with one product. My 2 year old ipod is experiencing problems, and I now have a Samsung Z5. None of the accessories that I have for the ipod work with the Z5.

BUT...the battery powered speakers that I bought for a cassette walkman many many years ago still work great.

Personally, I would look into something that works off the headphone jack.

Steve

Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 PM

That's the problem FreeZ5...almost all speakers are made for the IPOD and many will not work with other MP3 players. Both Sansa speakers will work with any MP3 player with a standard headphone jack. The advantage is they both can dock Sansa players.

I was hoping someone would respond who has experience with either of the speakers mentioned.

Thanks

Old 12-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Me too and also comments on Macally Ice Tune?

I'm also trying to find someone with personal experience for advice on the IM510 for use with the e200 series. Whether it is an option for your player or not Macally also makes a speaker/charge dock for the sansa - "Ice tune". Would be interested in comments on this system also. TIA.

Regards,

Old 12-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Doesn't anyone have any experience with either of these speaker systems?

Old 12-30-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Im510

I have had the IM 510 for a few days - overall I'm satisfied with it. I use it in my office, and play it relatively quietly. It works well for that - I don't think I would expect to crank it up and party with it, though .

One warning with it - when it is first turned on the default volume is relatively high. I turn the volume down on the speakers before hitting 'play' on my E260.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM

I have just ordered the Sansa speaker dock for my e200,i will tell you what i think about it once i get it,should be less than 2 weeks

Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 PM

What bothers me is that no one is concerned about how they sound! why bother if you aren't going to listen? If it's just the process of using an MP3 player that matters, then just buy the cheapest one and mute the volume. If you actually care about the sound, then buy the one made by a company that makes speakers: Altec

Happy docking

Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 PM

Default sansa dock excellent

I have the sansa dock and have been using it at home for several months now and I am very happy with it. The sound is very good for such a small unit. I am not an audiophile so take that into consideration. I have tried 2 other sets of speakers( non powered) and was dissapointed. The dock comes with lots of extra's that come in handy. I got mine from Amazon, free shipping and no tax!! can't beat it. I think the if you are going to use it for your office it will fill the bill for you.