android
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Cool Mastermind

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tth3lg...Mastermind.zip

Version: 1
Known Errors: None

Instructions in game! Though seeing as you guys suggested it you probably already know how to do it.

Please give feedback

Screenshot:

Last edited by RobertsAccount; 02-16-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Tried it once before going to sleep, really nice game. The only thing confusing me was when reading the How to and then wanted to go to the main menu. I had to go back all the way.
An improvement might be to save high scores. The least amount of guesses you've managed for each level.

I'll evaluate it more thoroughly (aka play when I'm bored in class =P) tomorrow. ^^

Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 PM

Freakin' Sweet!!! ... !

Thank you, bzdbbb. I'll give some feedback once I actually download and play around with it. :P

Cheers,
Your friendly neighborhood
Dark Lord

Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 PM

How can I install this on mi Xfi2?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
How can I install this on mi Xfi2?
1. Download the zip file from the link above
2. Unzip the file
3. plug your X-Fi2 into your computer
4. Copy the 'Mastermind' folder into the 'Applications' folder on your X-Fi2
5. 'Safely Remove' your X-Fi2 and unplug it from your computer
6. When the X-Fi2 boots to the main screen, go to the Applications menu... the game will be there

Cheers,
Dark Lord

Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 AM

Tried it out some more, played the insane level and managed in with guesses to spare, on my first attempt *proud*

One thing though, I always thought you weren't allowed to use the same color twice in Mastermind? Though maybe that's just the rules in my game.
Also a quicker color chooser would be appreciated, instead of having to shuffle through all the colors when switching. Still, such a function goes back to the problem about not being able to save the screen, right?

And how did you manage to rotate the interface? Of course you can just put your images and such sideways, but when I shut the player off from within the game the "Shutting down" message was also sideways now.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
And how did you manage to rotate the interface? Of course you can just put your images and such sideways, but when I shut the player off from within the game the "Shutting down" message was also sideways now.
screen.orientation()
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Th...a#Screen_table
Tower Defense Thread
Zen Lock - Protect Your Zen!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Absolutely THE BEST app so far, honestly there is just nothing wrong with it!! AT ALL!! It works like a charm Thanks so much for this, it'll keep me occupied for weeks.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
The only thing confusing me was when reading the How to and then wanted to go to the main menu. I had to go back all the way.
You can just press the home button to return to the menu (if you press it from the menu the app closes, else it takes you to the menu)

Quote:
One thing though, I always thought you weren't allowed to use the same color twice in Mastermind? Though maybe that's just the rules in my game.
Allowing colours to be used more than once makes it more challenging which (seeing as you managed insane mode) makes it better :P

Quote:
Also a quicker color chooser would be appreciated, instead of having to shuffle through all the colors when switching. Still, such a function goes back to the problem about not being able to save the screen, right?
I'll keep that in mind if I do another version.. which I might because scrolling previous guesses isn't as clean as I'd like.

Quote:
Absolutely THE BEST app so far, honestly there is just nothing wrong with it!! AT ALL!! It works like a charm Thanks so much for this, it'll keep me occupied for weeks.
Thank you Have you also noticed you can listen to music AND play the game. (tho I can't really take credit for that because I don't know why it works..)

Old 01-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
quicker color chooser would be appreciated
I second that... but otherwise this game is, by far, the most professional looking game yet for this system. You did a great job; keep it up!

Cheers,
Dark Lord

Old 01-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Whoa! Nice one, man

Old 01-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzdbbb View Post
You can just press the home button to return to the menu (if you press it from the menu the app closes, else it takes you to the menu)
Ah, I see.

Quote:
Allowing colours to be used more than once makes it more challenging which (seeing as you managed insane mode) makes it better :P
That is true, I was just a bit confused at first since I didn't expect that.
"Hey! I've only got four colors to choose from and it says one shouldn't be there?!", Kinda.

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind if I do another version.. which I might because scrolling previous guesses isn't as clean as I'd like.
Awesome. This far I haven't had to guess so many times I've had to scroll in my guesses though, so I haven't seen that function =P
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Red face

Could you make it so when you press the scroll arrow, it doesn't go all the way to the top/bottom? But only up a certain distance... Thanks!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
That is true, I was just a bit confused at first since I didn't expect that.
"Hey! I've only got four colors to choose from and it says one shouldn't be there?!", Kinda.
Haha! I made that mistake too...

Old 01-30-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenos View Post
1. Download the zip file from the link above
2. Unzip the file
3. plug your X-Fi2 into your computer
4. Copy the 'Mastermind' folder into the 'Applications' folder on your X-Fi2
5. 'Safely Remove' your X-Fi2 and unplug it from your computer
6. When the X-Fi2 boots to the main screen, go to the Applications menu... the game will be there
thanks !

I'll try it later @ home, then post back, but everyone seems to love it so far.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 AM

Just tried and it looks great! I'm gonna play this on the train today I kinda forgot how this game exactly works, and although I figured it out by trying, the possibility to view the game's rules really complete this app and makes it look quite professional.

Good one!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Default bug?

i scanned the posts and didn't see anything about this but i think i found a bug. when you win a game on your last try it shows as a win then after that it shows as a lose, was this intended? other than that it works perfect, thanks for the game

Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 AM

And if you win, you're send back to the menu screen of the game. A "You won, play again?" option would be nice.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilmaviel View Post
i scanned the posts and didn't see anything about this but i think i found a bug. when you win a game on your last try it shows as a win then after that it shows as a lose, was this intended? other than that it works perfect, thanks for the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
And if you win, you're send back to the menu screen of the game. A "You won, play again?" option would be nice.
I second these two. Encountered the bug when I played on Expert. And a "you won, play again?" would be nice.

Also, for some reason the Insane level isn't that hard. I've managed every time I tried. Should you decrease the amount of guesses or is it just me who's too logical for this?
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
K - i'll add this to the list for the next version. The "L" or "W" in the counter isn't really clear enough :P

Quote:
i scanned the posts and didn't see anything about this but i think i found a bug. when you win a game on your last try it shows as a win then after that it shows as a lose, was this intended?
nope - will fix that too

Quote:
Also, for some reason the Insane level isn't that hard. I've managed every time I tried. Should you decrease the amount of guesses or is it just me who's too logical for this?
No idea - but i'm thinking of adding a custom mode where you can choose how many colors and guesses you want and it records the hardest one uv played