android
Old 01-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Default Simon - Memory Game (v2.0 - Updated 04-02-2010)

I finished a Simon game, everything should be working. It's just a simple version. It has no timer, or difficulty selector and it does not speed up as it progresses.

Current version: Version 1.2
-fixed the sound (tested with vol turned up to 25 and it was a lot quieter)
-better newgame button
-fixed the computer interruption
-now shows whos turn it is

------------------------------------------------------------

Below are G.Ri's changes (Posts merged by Habhome, originally written by G.Ri):

With cilmaviel's permission, I've made a new version of Simon.

v2.0 includes:
-a menu
-mute option
-3 speeds of play
-updated graphics
-updated sounds

Comments, constructive criticism, bug reports, suggestions, and feedback of any sort is welcome and appreciated.

Special thanks to ThievingSix, Tetrajak, bzdbbb, Habhome, RobertsAccount, and everybody who's taken an interest in the X-Fi2 and LUA in the past few months. This is my first attempt to program anything, and without you, I may have never even tried.

(cilmaviel, if you would be so kind as to merge this into the first post, that would be much appreciated.)
Attached Images
File Type: png simon1.png (143.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: png simon2.png (148.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png simon3.png (151.0 KB, 31 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SimonV1.2.zip (312.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: zip Simon v2.0.zip (583.7 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by Habhome; 04-02-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Played it to High Score 15 before I aborted to give some feedback. Works fine ^^
A few things though:
- When you first open the application it says "Game over". This is confusing.
- Some improvements on some of the graphics. The new game button is blurry and the Game over text is pixelated.
- Some kind of confirmation that you got it right so you're prepared for the next round.
- The sound is killing my ears, a softer sound would be much friendlier.
- Dunno if it's intentional or not, but if you press on a color while it is showing you what to do next it remembers it and can fail you for it.

Those are some improvements you can do to make this game even more awesome!
(Most important one is the sound IMO, it really, really hurt to listen to it, and I had my thumb over the speaker)

Old 01-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Cool game indeed, but the sounds are... well I don't like them

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM

great application, i love this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Played it to High Score 15 before I aborted to give some feedback. Works fine ^^
A few things though:
- When you first open the application it says "Game over". This is confusing.
- Some improvements on some of the graphics. The new game button is blurry and the Game over text is pixelated.
- Some kind of confirmation that you got it right so you're prepared for the next round.
- The sound is killing my ears, a softer sound would be much friendlier.
- Dunno if it's intentional or not, but if you press on a color while it is showing you what to do next it remembers it and can fail you for it.

Those are some improvements you can do to make this game even more awesome!
(Most important one is the sound IMO, it really, really hurt to listen to it, and I had my thumb over the speaker)
i agree with the improvements you proposed and i think i can help your ears... go in "now playing" or wherever you can choose volume level and put it down, volume in applications will change

Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 PM

thanks for the feedback. will probably add a mute or volume control in the game, the sound can be turned down with the main volume (8 or 10 isnt as bad). the next version i can print whos turn it is on the screen and fix it if you interrupt the comp. i still have to polish some of the graphics but the "Game Over" is intended to be pixelated (kind of a retro look to it).

Old 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilmaviel View Post
thanks for the feedback. will probably add a mute or volume control in the game, the sound can be turned down with the main volume (8 or 10 isnt as bad). the next version i can print whos turn it is on the screen and fix it if you interrupt the comp. i still have to polish some of the graphics but the "Game Over" is intended to be pixelated (kind of a retro look to it).
Okay ^^ I almost suspected the Game Over was meant to be like that, but it didn't really fit in with the rest of the game so I wasn't sure.

Looking forward to the next version!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

This game is wicked! But I personally think 2 things could be improved. First of all the sounds are a tad annoying (Sorry but it's true!), and the 'New Game' button is kinda pixelated... If you could change those two things this game would be EPIC!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:42 AM

i do agree the tones are annoying, i changed them and updated the first post with a new version.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 PM

One more thing, how does it choose what pattern to make? I got the same one twice in a row. How many different are in it?
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Just loading up Simon 1.2 now... AWW WOW! The new 'New Game' button is awesome. It's amazing, I just got a new high score too! 11!!!! YEAH! It is now epic, congrats!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Definitely better, I'll try it out when I have more time on my hands. Next time I won't abort at 15 just to give feedback =P

Old 01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhome View Post
definitely better, i'll try it out when i have more time on my hands. Next time i won't abort at 15 just to give feedback =p
15?!?! Holy moly!! Your a supersimon!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
15?!?! Holy moly!! Your a supersimon!
Nah it isn't so hard. I had to abort even xD Dunno what is with me, my memory is sometimes awful, and other times really good.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
One more thing, how does it choose what pattern to make? I got the same one twice in a row. How many different are in it?
when a new game is started it generates a 200 length table with random colors, so each new game is as random as the generator allows. and since the length is only 200 dont cheat with a pen and paper too much... there is no code for it if you get the whole thing.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Just got 20, I'm very proud of myself

Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Looks nice, I could try putting this up in the first post by merging them, but I'm not sure how that would affect the attachments..

Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Looks nice, I could try putting this up in the first post by merging them, but I'm not sure how that would affect the attachments..
Feel free to try whatever you want, Habhome. I can reupload everything if it gets lost in the mysteries of cyberspace. :P

I'm not sure if cilmaviel still wants to include v1.2 in the first post or not, but he can fix it up when he gets the chance if you wanna make an attempt to put my stuff up top.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Done with merging.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Any chance you could update the title too? I'm thinking "Simon - Memory Game (v2.0 - Updated 04-02-2010)"