android
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM

Default New S9 UCI doesn't match user guide

Just got my S9 a few days ago. The UI doesn't match what's shown in the manual. Manual is version 1.5 FW is 2.51. I assume the manual has not been updated to match the FW, right??

Also, is there a central location to DL older FW's assuming I may want to downgrade someday (who knows why, but I've seen it happen).

Thanks all. This thing kicks the P3's butt.

Going to try Claw's UI next.

Boo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2010, 01:22 PM

You can download older FW from cowonglobal

Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM

All past firmwares are still up on cowonglobal.com. With Cowon players you rarely need to downgrade, and certainly not with the S9 (yet... knocking on wood). The new seriously ugly main menu interfaces since 2.50 are a step back, but one can ignore that thanks to awesome user contributed interfaces like Claw's. For stuff that really matters (like gapless or responsiveness/speed), the S9 has been constantly improved, so older firmwares are certainly a step back in several aspects.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
All past firmwares are still up on cowonglobal.com. With Cowon players you rarely need to downgrade, and certainly not with the S9 (yet... knocking on wood). The new seriously ugly main menu interfaces since 2.50 are a step back, but one can ignore that thanks to awesome user contributed interfaces like Claw's. For stuff that really matters (like gapless or responsiveness/speed), the S9 has been constantly improved, so older firmwares are certainly a step back in several aspects.

Well, I've loaded Claw's UI. Haven't checked it out in detail at all, but so far the only thing I see different is that the UI now LOOKS LIKE THE 1.5 MANUAL. I assume the "seriously ugly" are from 2.50 forward and that prior to 2.50 it looked pretty much like Claw's current UI.

Like I said, I need to check out Claw's UI in detail and see what he's added. I bought the S9 since it is so much more customizable that the P3 I bought a few months back. I have some Flash experience and hope to try my hand at making some widgets/games in the future. I may even sell the P3, since Samsung is so uncooperative in supporting end-user Flash programming. Like they won't even give a list of FS commands supported by the P3.

Boo

P.S. I sort of like the Seriously Ugly interface. One of the 3 main menu pages has 3 different panels that scroll left and right, like the P3. I didn't notice that with Claw's UI.

Last edited by boofus; 01-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Default I meant SAMSUNG is uncooperative!!!

In the previous post I meant SAMSUNG is uncooperative (edited) .....

Cowon is very forthcoming with their docs.....

Anyhow, I've played around a bit with Claw's UCI in the last couple of hours. My hat is off to you, Claw.... You obviously have a TON of effort invested in your work.

And, I think I've probably just scratched the surface of it's features.

Boo

Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Check out the wiki for most of the details on features.

http://claw.wikidot.com/

According to his wiki: "The goal was not to engineer a brand new interface, but simply to enhance existing interface." So, it is basically the old interface.

If you want to scroll left to right, use the widget view. Access by pressing the icon in the upper right. I think looks like one of those comic book "talking bubbles". Personally, I think the widget view is too limited though. Not being able to lock the icons in place makes it a bit messy. (This isn't Claw's fault, this is just the way Cowon has it in past firmwares.) If you want something more usable with a sliding format and some built-in widgets, take a look at Aero Ultimate G2. You can actually use AUG2 on top of Claws by setting it to one of Claw's 3 mainmenus. Details are in the wiki.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 AM

Another vote for the Aero Ultimate UCI

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!